Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Feb 18, 2013, 10:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 12:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 19, 2013, 09:58 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 19, 2013, 05:02 PM
(#4)
Hey Ive already completed both courses! Poker Basics and Cash Game!

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir'Koga View Post
Hey Ive already completed both courses! Poker Basics and Cash Game!
Hello Sir'Koga,

It's important that you do not do any of the steps before being asked as this only delays the system.

Please watch the following video and let us know as soon as you have watched it.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Mar 02, 2013 at 05:41 AM..

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#6)
I watched the video!

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 09:17 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I watched the video!
Hello,

I have moved your hand from the Open League Freeroll tournament into the 'Tournament Hand Analysis' sestion.

You can find this >>HERE<<

Remember that the Bankroll Builder promotion is a CASH GAME promotion only so tournament hands do not count for this promotion.

To continue on with your bankroll builder promotion you will need to play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

If you need help to find the play money full-ring tables please watch this video.

Play these tables and find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Once you do this we can continue on.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 05:13 PM
(#8)

So how about this hand? 1/2 Play Money Cash game. Enter in this pot with this hand for me is especulative but trying to hit something good. As the donkey bet player was enterring too much hands and bet and raising bad hands I tought that I should raise, but after more players entering, it became dangerous!
Thats why I folded.

Thks!

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
So how about this hand? 1/2 Play Money Cash game.
Thks!
Hello,

Thanks for posting this hand. I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback. He should do this later today.

Once the hands have been analysed we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:48 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Sir'Koga!

With QTs from mid position and two limpers in front of me, I can either call behind or make a standard raise. If I opt to raise, I'll size the raise at 3BB+1BB for each limper or 10 chips. I'll also raise here much more often than I'd call.

The flop totally misses me and an opp leads for 14 chips (1/4 pot). With two opps to act behind me, even if I think the initial player is out of line and bluffing, I'm going to muck here. The opps behind me could easily have hit a part of the board and if any of them has a K, I'm in deep trouble with this hand, so I'll save my chips and look for a spot with better cards or where I would be in position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:57 PM
(#11)
Oh, ok! Thank you.

maybe not to raise after flop and wait for other players action would be better choice.. Maybe considering fold.
Yes, it was good for me. Thank you!

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 07:44 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Yes, it was good for me. Thank you!
Hi Sir'Koga,

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 04:00 PM
(#13)
Hey, its done! I completed de Poker Basic Course! Thank you for supporting!

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 07:30 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey, its done! I completed de Poker Basic Course! Thank you for supporting!
Hi Sir'Koga,

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 07:17 PM
(#15)

This is a hand in cash games 0.01/0.02
My stats was like 28% of flop seen.
The best stat was that I won 24 hans of 28 Without showdown!

I should play and what else to get 8 dollars?

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 10:55 PM
(#16)
And this is the hand I lost my 2 dollars!

The guy went all-in. Typical of flush draw in my opinion, as I got the nuts draw I called. Unfortunetly he hit full house with the T that gave me flush.

What do you think about it?

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 07:57 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Sir'Koga,

Thanks for posting these hands for review. I have asked one of the hand analysers to take a look at them for you and offer some feedback.

He should do this later today and once he does we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 05:19 PM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

This is a hand in cash games 0.01/0.02
My stats was like 28% of flop seen.
The best stat was that I won 24 hans of 28 Without showdown!

I should play and what else to get 8 dollars?
Hi Sir'Koga

Nice flop! I like the way you played the hand. Two points worth noting. Did you have a read on the villain? Since the villain in this hand raised from early postion, I would normally put AJs in the lowest end of my reraising range. Against tighter opponents I would not reraise even.

On the flop, again a read would help know what to do. You have flopped a monster and want to get maximum value out of the hand. Against many opponents we can c-bet the flop and start building the pot. Against others, checking the flop as you did may be best. You got the villain all in in this hand. So, well done.

Secondly, you mentioned that you saw 28% of the flops. I assume these are stats you took from the Stats tab on the table. This sounds high. Notice the 28% does not include your steal raises that get folds preflop. If you are playing a third of your hands, good players will be able to take advantage of you. I would suggest tightening up your opening range a bit, especially from early postion and from the blinds where you are out of position.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 05:37 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
And this is the hand I lost my 2 dollars!

The guy went all-in. Typical of flush draw in my opinion, as I got the nuts draw I called. Unfortunetly he hit full house with the T that gave me flush.

Hi Sir'Koga

Opening from position with A3s is fine. I would probably only have made it 3x, or 6 cents though. You flop a good draw toward a flush. C-betting is great and it also helps conceal the fact that you are on a flush draw. However, you get raised all in. Calling this raise is a clear mistake.

Calling the raise is a pot odds question. You will hit your flush about 1 in 3 hands, or 36% of the time. Here you need to risk your entire stack, 141 cents, for a chance to win the 184 cents in the pot. Notice that even though the villain shoved more than 3 dollars, you can't win more than you have yourself. So, the villain is in reality only raising another 141 cents. You will need to win 77% of the time to be profitable in the long run. In other words, folding would have been the best choice.

I hope this helps!

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 09:58 PM
(#20)
But in the cash course and all, if you have a read (obviously never got 100% right in reading opponents) you can call, because however he gave me no option about odds my read said that I should call. Once my read was right and his hand was worse flush draw, I would like to know that calling still being a wrong choice.
You can say that I should not put in risk my bankroll, but with two dollars, to play 1/2 cents is about trying to double and, I should not be afraid of playing hands just because it was reraised (again, by my read he was flush draw just like me)

thank you!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com