Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Feb 18, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi!

I've just passed through the Poker basics and Cash game courses but I haven't finished any quiz yet.
I have not yet made a deposit also. I suppose I can qualify for the deposit, right?

What next?

BR

Fookie

Old
Mon Feb 18, 2013, 07:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 19, 2013, 06:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fookie_73 View Post
Hi!
I've just passed through the Poker basics and Cash game courses but I haven't finished any quiz yet.
I have not yet made a deposit also. I suppose I can qualify for the deposit, right?
Hi Fookie_73,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Remember though that you will need to do the steps after you are asked and not before as doing them before delays our system.

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
done it - Fri Feb 22, 2013, 01:40 PM
(#4)
HI,

OK, I have seen the video.

bye, Fookie

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 08:14 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have seen the video.
Brilliant! Now you know how to SAVE HAND HISTORIES from both real and play money games.

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 04:35 PM
(#6)
Hi Raiser, before we proceed does the Pokerstars hand replayer reads hand history data in all lenguages? I use Croatian lenguage and Ive tried to upload a hand history data to a hand replayer but it doesnt seems to work??

Cheers
Fookie

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 07:25 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser, before we proceed does the Pokerstars hand replayer reads hand history data in all lenguages?
Hi Fookie_73,

PokerSchoolOnline is PokerStars English speaking poker school so our Hand Replayer will only read hands in English.

You can change your language setting to English in the PokerStars client and you will then receive your hands in English.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:42 PM
(#8)
OK, here is one strange played hand:

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Iam on the button and Ive raised to 4BB with pocket Kings. After the flop I desided to slow play ?!!?! (I ussualy never do this on such a wet board, but I supposed that could be a good option because 2 hearts came up, so there is a chance for extra value...) After the turn player on my righthand side bet only 40 (less then 1/10) so I did a big bet and (again) player only calls... ?!?
Again he bet only 20 so I bet again...
Obviously I wasnt played well that hand, but why he didnt reised after my first big bet? Affcourse we have to assume that on that kind of tables are fishy players who like to call everything and rarely bet. Afterall he called my preflop raise with 5 and 10.
What would be the best way to play this kind of hands? Huge bet after the flop?

Cheers,
f

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 08:35 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
OK, here is one strange played hand:
Hi Fookie,

One of the Hand Analysers will look at this hand later for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 01:30 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Fookie_73!

With KK (or any other hand I want to open-raise with), I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are two limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 100. I want to keep all my bets standard so that the opps are constantly guessing as to the cards that I have. Most players bet more with better hands and less with weaker hands (which basically turns their cards over, to an observant opponent).

I see a 4-way flop that is very coordinated with straight and flush draws possible and even a made flush. The first two opps check and the third makes a really small bet of 20. I need to raise here for two reasons. First, I want to get value for my hand and secondly, if any of the opps have a draw, I want to make them have the wrong pot-odds to draw to beat me. If I give them the correct odds to draw and they outdraw me, it's my own fault that I lose the hand. Due to this and with 3 opps, I'm going to make a pot-sized raise to 380.

The board now hits 4 to a straight and all 3 opps are still in. It checks to the same opp and they now bet 40, once again, an abnormally small bet compared to the size of the pot. Here's a great example of why I want to raise the flop, as now, I need to make another pot-size raise, BUT, by not raising the flop, I have absolutely no clue whether I'm ahead. I'll raise to 500 and if I'm raised or called, I'm not putting another chip into the pot and will fold.

With big hands like this, I want to make standard bets and raises early in the hand, to lower the number of opps that can outdraw me. Slowplaying them will do nothing but get me into trouble the majority of the time.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
two more hands... - Wed Mar 06, 2013, 03:57 PM
(#12)
OK Thanx, Ill do that. Can you please evaluate those two hands also:

Thanx, bye

Fookie

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Fookie,

In hand 1 (Ac6c), you're UTG (under the gun), meaning you act first, with the whole table able to react to your bet. You'll be out of position if you see a flop, which can make it very hard to win a big pot. Because of these factors, you should only be playing a very small percentage of hands in this seat, and you should usually open with a standard raise of 3bb (60 chips) so you don't get so many callers. I'd recommend that the only hands you play in this seat are pocket pairs TT and up, and AK. A6s is unlikely to make a strong hand, so I'd recommend folding here.
As played, you limped. This is a bad idea, as it will usually mean lots of players enter the pot, so there are lots of hands that can beat yours, and you'll often get raised, meaning you can't call. Learn to make disciplined folds pre-flop, and try and play more pots in position, so you don't end up playing guessing games when the flop comes.

In hand 2 (A9s), you have better position and a stronger hand, but there is some action in front of you. Villain 2 has made a decent raise, so he probably has a stong hand. He might have a big pocket pair or a hand like AT. I'd fold here, not only because A9s is likely to be the 2nd best hand at the moment, but because there are still lots of other players still to act. If someone has QQ+, they'll make a re-raise, meaning you can't make a profitable call. When the flop comes, you have top pair, but with so many opponents, someone might have a better ace, two pairs or a set. Because you can't be sure if you have the best hand, you could be losing a lot of chips if you call bets all the way to the river.

Suited aces look pretty, and certainly have potential to make monster hands, but you won't hit nut flushes very often. They also can cause trouble on the flop, because you have "kicker trouble". I'd advice you to fold them in early and middle position, and only call if the price is cheap in late position.

You were lucky enough to win both these hands, but when you play real money cashgames, you'll find that hands like A6s and A9s are hard to make money with, because the best players will have bigger aces.

Hope this helps!

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: typo correction

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 02:20 PM
(#14)
HI Artysmokes,

that helps alot! I have purposely uploaded those two hands because I think playing on the "playmoney" tables is not playing a real poker and Ive noticed that this type of hands can be played for value very often on that kind of tables.

Playing on the real money tables requires completely different approach, but I have tried to play poker on playmoney games as it is had to be done but it just doesnt work, it is too tight...
On the play money tables almost everyone calls every bet so those were not big stake hands...

What I have trying to do so far on the play money tables is to maximise my ability to accurately put other players on their range. Dont you think that is equally important as it is to play right hands on right position to maximise value (earnings) even on the real money tables??

If you cannot (not allowed to) answer this, can you please forward this thread to someone who can?

Sorry about my bad english and Thanx again!!

F

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 05:37 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Dont you think that is equally important as it is to play right hands on right position to maximise value (earnings) even on the real money tables??
Hi Fookie,

By all means post your question >>HERE<< and we will answer it but let's not get off topic and we'll keep your Bankroll Builder promotion on track.

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
basic course - Fri Mar 15, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#16)
basic course - checked

cheers

f

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 06:26 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
basic course - checked
Brilliant!

You'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
3 reasons - Sun Mar 17, 2013, 05:50 PM
(#18)
Hi!

let me answer your question first.

3 reasons to make a big bet:

to gain value from strong hand
to protect strong hand against draws (wet board)
to put a lot of pressure on opponents

Cheers,
Fookie

Old
what next? - Mon Apr 01, 2013, 06:39 PM
(#19)
Hi!

Well I have some bad news, Ive lost all my bankroll after earning over 7,5$... obviously I was playing too loose, Like this hand (can you please evaluate):

...but i suppose it is a part of a learning process

Anyway I have passed the Cash basics course, so Whats next?

Cheers,
Fookie

Old
Tue Apr 02, 2013, 07:50 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com