Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom - I will have to just give up now

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom - I will have to just give up now - Mon Feb 18, 2013, 10:17 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

I'm past caring now just proving my point about micros.

Villain with 66 in bb over calls my TT 3-bet from sb. Original raiser comes to the party.

I check a 733 flop knowing I'm good "label Muppet" (polite version for PSO).

Nearly 100% of the time the over caller will now lead and the original raiser folds. How do I know? Sometimes certain betting patterns stick in my head.

OK now it goes >>badly wrong for me<<

Basically villain calls my turn bet effectively all-in on a gut-shot and gets there.

If I hadn't taken down a $7 STT earlier I would be on tilt.
Just sharing a hand with you.

Old
Tue Feb 19, 2013, 06:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Forrest,

I like 3betting pre against a midstack's CO open.

Postflop I would definitely start betting out for value and protection in a multiway pot. When this gets checked around any turn can hurt your hand really and you will have to face some tough decisions OOP against two opponents (four cards).

Once you check it is tough to decide how to proceed against somebody who coldcalled your 3bet pre and now pots flop against two opponents. If you have a read/info that tells you this guy may be bluffing or betting worse I think x/jamming or x/c flop might be fine, but in that case I would continue to do so on the turn since I'd fear folding out all his bluffs as well as some worse hands by betting out myself here. Your line looks pretty strong here.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com