Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Feb 19, 2013, 07:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hello there

I've signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know If I qualify for this promotion.
I have not yet made a deposit, but... unfortunately I already pass the Poker Basics quis and whatch Getting Started training video, as well as Bet Sizing and Cash Basics.

I don't know If I don't mash it up.

Old
Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 05:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCM_86 View Post
Hello there

I've signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know If I qualify for this promotion.
I have not yet made a deposit, but... unfortunately I already pass the Poker Basics quis and whatch Getting Started training video, as well as Bet Sizing and Cash Basics.

I don't know If I don't mash it up.

Hi XCM_86,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Remember though that you will need to do the steps after you are asked and not before as doing them before delays our system.

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 06:54 AM
(#4)
Thanks.

I have watch the video.
What is the next step?

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:01 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks.
I have watch the video.
What is the next step?
Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 01:04 PM
(#6)
Hello

This is my first send hand. I hope it`s ok.
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 06:28 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello
Hello,

Thanks for posting this hand. I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback. He should do this later today.

Once the hands have been analysed we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hello

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
Hi XCM_86

Nice hand Preflop I was happy to see you raised all the limpers. AK rates to be the best hand so raise for value. However, the standard bet size is 3x plus 1x for each limper. So, I recommend raising to 50 chips rather than 30. Hopefully this will get some of the limpers to fold. Raising too little encourages players to continue with the hand. This is very dangerous against multiple opponents.

You flopped top pair. As a general rule whenever you flop a strong hand bet for value. You did bet and the big stack moved all in. At play money calling an all in with top pair top kicker is usually fine. At real money tables we need to be more careful. In this spot it seems unlikely that the villain would make such a large raise if he had AA or trips. Calling seems good, and it was the right choice. Well done

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:17 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks.
What is the next step?
Hi XCM_86,

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#10)
Hello Raiser

I already pass the Poker Basics quiz

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 08:30 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello Raiser
I already pass the Poker Basics quiz
Hi XCM_86,

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#12)
Hello

I receive my first 2$ buy-in.
Thanks

Next step 1/2c tables

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 01:37 PM
(#13)
Hello

I have a question.
What I need to do if I played at 1/2c tables on my mobile device and I lose my buy-in?
I cannot save hand history on mobile client, and i got only 0.54c left. It's not enought to play more games.

What should I do now?

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 02:09 PM
(#14)
Hello

It's OK
I found "Request hand history" option
I request hand history on my email

That was stupid questionsorry
No matter, it's alright now

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 04:15 AM
(#15)
Hello

I have played some 1/2 cent Cash games.

That was a bad hand

I have Qs Td so not wery strong hand. I just raise to 1x.
Flop was great for my Tc Qd 5h top two pairs for my QT.
I bet fir value 6 cent and my opponent call.
OK In this moment i thought he has something like QK or QJ, JT or JA.
Turn was 6h. I still with two top pairs, so I bet one more time, and hi call !!!
River 9s, i bet again,
and that was mistake.

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 08:14 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello
Hello,

I have asked one of the Hand Analyzers to look at this hand for you and offer some advice. He should do this later today.

Once the hand is reviewed we will continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 10:59 AM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hello

That was a bad hand

I have Qs Td so not wery strong hand. I just raise to 1x.
Flop was great for my Tc Qd 5h top two pairs for my QT.
I bet fir value 6 cent and my opponent call.
OK In this moment i thought he has something like QK or QJ, JT or JA.
Turn was 6h. I still with two top pairs, so I bet one more time, and hi call !!!
River 9s, i bet again,
and that was mistake.
Hi XCM_86

You said "Qs Td so not wery strong hand. I just raise to 1x". It is extremely important to learn that you should never adjust your prflop bet size because of your cards! This is easy for opponents to exploit. They can simply reraise you every time you bet small because the know you have a weak hand and fold every time you bet big because they know you have a strong hand. I strongly suggest not doing this in the future. Bet the same regardless of your cards. That way the opponents will not know if you have AA or a complete bluff. The strength of your hand will be concealed.

Furthermore, min-raising limpers is not good. It invites them to continue rather than fold. It builds the pot in an unclear spot.

As played you flopped top two pair. This is good, but notice that the board is connected. High cards are often likely holdings for an opponent. So, KJ is definately in the villain's range. I would suggest betting slightly more on the flop and turn, about 70% of the pot, in order to give poor odds to the villain if they are on a drawing hand. It also gives you more value if they have something like AQ and think their hand is good.

On the river, a straight is possible. There are two ways to approach this. One is to raise as you did. But when you get reraised you have a tough choice without a read. The villain has been passively calling all hand and now reraises. This looks strong. Without a read I would suggest folding. The other option is to check-call. The villain might check down the hand which is fine. Or, this might induce a bluff bet, or a presumed value bet from pocket pairs or AQ type of hands. It also keeps the pot under control in the event the villain actually has a straight. This seems like the best way to approach the river here.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 12:20 PM
(#18)
Hello

Thank you very much Roland GTX, for the support and analysis.

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 02:49 PM
(#19)
Hello royalraise85

I want to ask a question

What I need to do next ???

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 04:45 PM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello royalraise85
I want to ask a question
What I need to do next ???
Hello,

NEXT STEP

The next step for you is to attend the Bet Sizing live training session. It's important for you to attend this session as we cannot move you forward in the promotion until you do.

The next scheduled 'Bet Sizing' session is tomorrow and you can register for it here:

Let me know as soon as you have attended this session and I'll check it on our system and we can then move on in the promotion.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com