Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6-max zoom: AK in sb 2 bullets in 3-bet pot

Old
25NL 6-max zoom: AK in sb 2 bullets in 3-bet pot - Tue Feb 19, 2013, 08:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
hi all,

preflop: the utg open comes from a 35/27 player over 70hands. since calling on the sb doesn't seem all that appealing against this opponent, coz i would have to c/f most flop I decide to 3-bet for value and i get a call.

flop: we get a nice dry Qhigh flop and I c-bet my standard here. the call from my opponent might mean i)has a queen ii) has an underpair to the QQ and doesn't believe us.

turn: on a brick turn, I decide to fire a second bullet, to get him off the underpairs he might be holding n basically put him to a stack decision, coz with the sizing i choose there is not much money left on the river.

river: as already stated I put him to a stack decision on the turn, so no reason to spew the rest of the money, since he's never folding here.

1. preflop, do u see any other profitable way of playing the hand?
2. on the turn, i suppose it is just a spew, right? since he opened utg i should put him (even though he's quite loose) on a stronger range n give him credit for a Q on the flop...

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi f1n,

I like 3-betting pre here and c-betting the flop is fine. Not sure I would bet the turn though, the board is really dry so he rates to have a made hand of some sort that includes a fair bit of Qx holdings given the preflop action. And even if he was calling with a hand like 88, this turn card is not scary to him at all. We don't have enough sample size to get a good judge of went to showdown but I'm not optimistic he's just going to fold to a barrel. I would generally just give up there without better reads.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com