Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KK correct played?

Old
KK correct played? - Wed Feb 20, 2013, 06:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...489_D581E16C54

Hi I'm wondering if I played this correctly, I got lucky here.

My thought on this, after I raised a couple of players call, and a tight player reraises pretty big, I suppose it means a decent hand. Also he has 200 BBs and I don't really like to get it in Preflop with KK for 200 BBs.. Therefore I just called and try and play a flop. I know I price in the other players too..
Is this play profitable in long run? or 4bet fold better option?

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Sj,

I think you played this fine. If the villain is tight then I think flatting is optimal. He's already showing a lot of strength for a tight player, 3-betting an UTG open after 2 callers. If you 4b this guy can probably fold QQ or AK. If he were loose, fishy, or spewy in any way I'd 4b with KK and take my chances, but against a tight or nitty player in this type of spot it's better to keep his worse hands in imo. The other players are not getting a good price to over call you for what is 15%+ of their stack, they are making a mistake, so it's fine.

Post flop play is perfect.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com