Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Wed Feb 20, 2013, 12:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I finished all the courses do i still qualify for this promotion?

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 12:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 09:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuruubanza View Post
Hi,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I finished all the courses do i still qualify for this promotion?
Hi kukuruubanza,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 06:52 AM
(#4)
Hi,

i,ve watched the video whtats next!!!!

Old
kukuruubanza bankroll builder - Fri Feb 22, 2013, 07:55 AM
(#5)

Ok here is my first hand what i uploadid.

just checking ...... whats next.

Last edited by kukuruubanza; Fri Feb 22, 2013 at 08:00 AM..

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Ok here is my first hand what i uploadid.
Hello,

Thanks for posting this hand. I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback. He should do this later today.

Once the hands have been analysed we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:42 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kukuruubanza!

With QQ in the BB, I get 5 limps, then a raise to 200. I'd like to be able to 3-bet here, but since I don't have enough chips to, I'll gladly call and be all-in.

When playing a cash table, I try to always have a large enough stack that I can raise enough to get value for my better hands (which would help here, as I'd like to try to isolate the initial raiser). The more opps that are in the pot, the more likely my QQ is to get drawn out on, so I want to avoid a multi-way pot if at all possible.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 03:26 AM
(#8)
ookey whats next?

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 07:42 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
ookey whats next?
Hi kukuruubanza,

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 11:21 AM
(#10)
Hei hei i,ve finished all the courses whats next???

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hei hei i,ve finished all the courses whats next???
Hi kukuruubanza,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

For beginners it's not advised to play short handed tables, so if 2/3 seats become empty it's a good idea to stand up also. As you become better at ranging opponents and playing an aggressive game you will feel more comfortable playing short handed tables but for now try to stick to the full ones.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 07:36 AM
(#12)
ok here is one hand against one agressor at my table where i lost all my money

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 08:12 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi kukuruubanza,

Thanks for posting this hand for review. I have asked one of the hand analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback.

He should do this later today and once he does we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 03:12 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi kukuruubanza

Before we look at the hand, let me remind you that you need to play Full Ring (9 man) tables for this promo. Playing other game types, such as 6-max, can disqualify you. Stick to full ring in the future please, thanks!

Q9s from the btn should be the very bottom end of your opening range. The hand isn't that strong and can be difficult post flop since many times you will get out kicked.

Your preflop raise is fine and sized well. You flop middle pair. Personally, I would have flat called, the villain may be leading with a very wide range. Calling lets you keep the pot under control and reevaluate on the turn. Raising can be ok, especially if you have a decent read on the villain. However, I suggest raising 3x the original raise. Make it 18 cents rather than 12. The small raise is easy for the villain to call and does not help us define his range.

The villain checks on the turn. had you called on the flop, then I would interpret the check as a sign of weakness. Since he bet-called the flop, we can't be so sure. I would have taken the free card by checking. Again, raising might be good, it is nice and aggressive. Your line looks strong. When you get check-raised though, you have to give the villain credit for a real hand. You only have middle pair with a mediocre kicker. This is not a good enough hand to risk your whole stack over. I strongly suggest folding now.

On the river, there is 146 in the pot and the villain raises enough to put you all in for your remaining 47 cents. From the villain's perspective, it is unlikely that you will fold here. So, this bet looks like a pure value bet. The villain rightly believes he has the best hand with top pair top kicker. Calling will cost you money nearly every time here. Folding would have been much better.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 03:54 AM
(#15)
thanks for the analyze and sorry for plaing in the six max table i just misunderstaded the full ring stuff. English language isnt my strongest part but im working on it.

Peace and thank you very much for commenting and analyzing my hand

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 07:32 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Peace and thank you very much for commenting and analyzing my hand
Hi kukuruubanza,

NEXT STEP

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

Q. List two reasons why a player might make a big bet.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 12:09 PM
(#17)
1.to put a lot of pressure on opponents
2.to bluff people off decent hands
3.to gain value from very strong hands
4.to protect against strong draws

good video tnx

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 07:29 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
good video tnx
Next Step

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 05:39 PM
(#19)
Hi
i,ve finished the cash game course.
It was really helpful

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 05:53 PM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi
i,ve finished the cash game course.
It was really helpful
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Remember not to use Bankroll Builder money for any games other than 1/2c cash tables only.

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com