Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[JK] bankroll

Old
[JK] bankroll - Wed Feb 20, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Hi
I am enjoying the poker school and getting to know the game
I have played many freeroll ring / zoom games and tourneys also working thru the training courses

would i be eligable for the : "bankroll builder "
there are many bankrollmob $25 freeroll games , i would like to play those and continue the cash games training
many thanks kar586

Old
Wed Feb 20, 2013, 06:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kar586,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

You can play as many freerolls as you want, but do not play any cash tournaments or it will make you ineligible for further buy-ins.

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
ace - Thu Feb 21, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#3)
Hi John thanks for your reply i have figured out the hand replayer and would like to post these two

named that was the end of my tourney

should i have played the aces ? or have a bit tighter
two in a row and i was out
I came 119 of 1136 players but would have liked to stay on a bit longer thanks kevin

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 05:51 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kar586!

Tournament strategy is different from cashgame strategy and even with tourneys, there are multiple strategies for those types of games. Leagues are different from cash/freerolls, which are all totally different from satellites.

Please play the play money FULL RING tables and post a hand that you had problems with.

For A8s, with two limps in front of me, a standard raise at this blind level would be to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper, so I'd need to bet 4.5BB or 3600, however, this is well over 1/3 of my stack, so I'd be pot-committed. This makes it either a shove or fold and since I could easily be in a multi-way pot if I shove with ace/rag, I'm going to muck this preflop.

With AT, I'm once again, goign to make a standard raise, so I would need to raise to 2.5BB (2k), which is once again, well over 1/3 my stack. Here, I would open-shove, UNLESS this is a league game, in which I'd fold, as I never want to be all-in in a league game unless I'm sure that I'm ahead after all 5 cards are on the board.
What I would not want to do is to open-limp, as this is a chip leak that can very easily be exploited by players that would have position on me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Playing any other type of cash table or tournament other than 1/2 cent NL FULL RING, after you receive your first buy-in, will make you ineligible for all future buy-ins.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 06:40 PM
(#5)
wow ! thanks for that John Ive got a lot learn

have registered for the next
'Getting Started With Pokerstars'

Kevin

Old
too big - Fri Feb 22, 2013, 06:08 AM
(#6)
Hi could you help with this hand
I have been playing the freeroll ring tables
feel i should have done better , the pot was too small
did i scare everyone off with my last bet ?

thanks agan Kevin

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey Kevin!

With pocket 10's in the SB, especially being out of position, I'm going to make a standard preflop raise here. 3BB+1BB for each limper with 2 limpers is 5BB or 1000, so I'll raise to 1k. I want to do this, as I'd like to get as many of the opps to fold preflop as I can, as each one that stays is most likely going to add to the overcards that I need to avoid on the board.

The flop gives me top set, but there is a flush draw and also possible made straights. Since there are 3 opps in the hand, I'm going to make a pot-sized bet here (800). If there were less opps, I could bet less, but I want to make sure that anyone drawing is getting the wrong odds to do so.

The turn gives me a full house. Here again, with 3 opps in the hand, I'm going to make the same pot-sized bet. If there were less opps, I'd bet less, but with 3 opps, I'll bet the size of the pot just like I did on the flop.

Betting more with better hands and less with marginal hands is one of the largest tells in online poker. When players bet too much, they're only going to get called by better hands (in this case 77). I want to size my bets where worse hands will call me, so that I can get value for my better hands. Making too large of a bet that makes everyone fold when I have the best hand doesn't gain me any extra chips (my goal for the hand).

This is why I want to keep all of my bets standard, so the opps do not get any additional information as to the strength of my hand, as it helps to conceal my hand strength.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
basic training - Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:35 PM
(#8)
Hi John
just to let you know i have completed the live traing "getting started" "bet sizing " and " cash basics" with Dave - Landolier and found it really helpfull

also joined up with the PSO home game

thanks for you help Kevin

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:54 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Kevin!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
risky - Thu Mar 07, 2013, 12:56 AM
(#10)
Thanks John
i am looking forward ti playing the real money tables
thanks to " Bankroll Builder "

can you help with this hand
I know i won the pot but i felt it was too risky what are you thoughts

thanks again kevin

Old
training - Thu Mar 07, 2013, 01:10 AM
(#11)
by the way it must be the traing i cam 59th in that tournament which is a great improvement for me thanks kevin

PokerStars Tournament #699623579, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: 5000/200
728 players
Tournament started 2013/03/06 23:52:00 ET Tournament is

59: kar586 (New Zealand), 9464

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Kevin!

When I'm the first to enter a hand, I want to be raising or folding and my raises will all be standard raises (to conceal the strength of my hand). By making all of my raises standard, the opps won't know whether I've got AA, 33, AK, JTs or any other hand that I want to be involved with.

6Ts is nowhere near a strong enough hand for me to raise with, so I'm mucking it. I wouldn't even be the favorite against a random hand, let alone any opp with a strong hand. It's not worth the risk.

Please let me know when you have passed the quiz so that we can move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 03:53 AM
(#13)
Hi John
I have to admit it was not easy but I Passed the basic quiz !

i am really keen to start playing the real money games please let me know the next step in Bankroll Builder

also how can i get the password to play Bankroll Mob games thanks for your help again Kevin

Old
Wed Apr 10, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant kar586!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

P.S. Passwords for non PSO tourneys are against the forum rules.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
back to school - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 01:37 AM
(#15)
Hi John thanks again for the bankroll builder
I got i bit excitied with my $2 deposit and played the 1c 2c games flat out

however I now which i had read the "cash game " course first as i can see where i was going wrong

As in playing out of position and not being carefull enough with my bets
I won some and lost more
It is quite a different strategy from the free roll tables

I will complete the course and email once it is passed hopefully i will be eligibable for some more help from bankroll builder and i wont blow it all this time

again i appreciate your help thanks kevin

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 04:50 AM
(#16)
Hi again i have passed the "cash game" course please let me know the next part of the bankroll course

answer to the big bet question
is to bet to put pressure on opponents , to bluff off decent hands , to gain value from a strong hand and to protect against a strong draw

thanks Kevin

Old
tens no good - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 04:55 AM
(#17)
wow i lost this hand what could i or should i have done better

Old
big bet - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 05:27 AM
(#18)
Hi John just to show i dont always loose what do think about this hand thanks kevin

Old
Fri Apr 12, 2013, 10:12 AM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Kevin!

You need to post the hands where you lost the bonus. These are play money hands from a 6-max table, not hands from the 1/2 cent FULL RING tables that you were supposed to play.

Please post the hands where you lost the bonus, as that is a requirement to move forward.

John (JWK24)

P.S. This promotion is ONLY for full ring. Playing any other type of cash table or a cash tournament will make you INELIGIBLE for all future bonuses in this promotion.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
king - Fri Apr 12, 2013, 07:14 PM
(#20)
Hi John sorry i really want to be part of bankroll builder so i will stick to the rules
here is a hand where i lost the last of my $1 stack thanks again

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com