Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Feb 20, 2013, 10:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hello there

I have just signed up to pokerschool and I want know if i qualify for this promotion

Can anyone help?

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 12:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi omote23!

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 09:13 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omote23 View Post
Hello there
I have just signed up to pokerschool and I want know if i qualify for this promotion
Can anyone help?
Hi omote23,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 07:16 PM
(#4)
I watch this video!

Old
Thu Feb 21, 2013, 09:50 PM
(#5)
Thanks.

I have attened training and played some play money cash games

I made a mess of this hand

any advice?

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:05 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Thanks for posting this hand. I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback. He should do this later today.

Once the hands have been analysed we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:55 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi omote23!

The first tip that I would recommend here is to wait until the BB before starting to play at a table. By paying the extra blinds, this will be a large drain to a player's bankroll over time.

With KJs, I would make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper here and with 3 limpers (including me since I had to post blinds), I'll raise to 12.

There is then a call, an abnormal raise (a standard raise would be to 3X my bet) and a call of the large abnormal raise. While KJs is a hand with potential, it is not strong enough to call a large raise, especially when someone else has already called, so I need to muck to these bets and save my chips for a better situation.

Also, when missing the flop, all bets that I make after the flop need to be based on the size of the pot, not the size of the BB. I try not to ever bet lower than 1/2 pot on the flop or turn, as a bet lower than this will not really accomplish anything, as the opps will be price in to draw with basically any two cards.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:16 PM
(#8)
Thanks very much for the awesome tips!

Raiser

Last edited by omote23; Sat Feb 23, 2013 at 01:27 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 07:45 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks very much for the awesome tips!
Raiser
Hi omote23,

Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 08:27 AM
(#10)
oh no!. I haver already Completed Poker Basics and Cash game, Single Table Tourneys..
So How can I do?

Sorry,,

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 08:30 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
oh no!. I haver already Completed Poker Basics and Cash game, Single Table Tourneys..
So How can I do?
Sorry,,
Hi omote23,

Check back in the next 24 hours and we will advise on the next step

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 02:40 AM
(#12)
I check this 24 hours later but no one has answer me.

How can i do?

Raiser

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 07:00 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I haver already Completed Poker Basics
Hi omote23,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

For beginners it's not advised to play short handed tables, so if 2/3 seats become empty it's a good idea to stand up also. As you become better at ranging opponents and playing an aggressive game you will feel more comfortable playing short handed tables but for now try to stick to the full ones.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 09:14 AM
(#14)
Hello~

I have attened training and played some 1/2 cent Cash game.
In this hand case.
I have A5s hand and After the Flop, I have a Ace,5 Full House
But I dont win a big money.
How Can I do?

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 08:09 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
But I dont win a big money. How Can I do?
Thanks for posting this hands for review. I have asked one of the hand analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback.

He should do this later today and once he does we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 05:48 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hello~

I have attened training and played some 1/2 cent Cash game.
In this hand case.
But I dont win a big money.
How Can I do?

Hi omote23

Nice flop! Since there was no raising preflop, the pot is small on the flop. Since you are first to act, checking as you did is the best line. Notice it is possible someone has the fourth A, or possibly the villain has a flush draw. Either way, the only way to build the pot is to start betting and raising. When the villain bets, calling as you did is fine. Hopefully the third player will continue. However, if you call now, I would strongly suggest betting on the turn. If the villain is chasing, bet now while they still believe they have a chance at making their flush and winning.

The other option would have been to make a standard raise on the flop, making it about 12 cents. Without a read it is hard to know which will give you most value. Since your hand is so strong, I would probably check-called the flop, then lead with a bet on the turn.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 09:08 PM
(#17)
Thanks Thanks Thanks!!

so.... What is the next step?

Raiser

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 06:14 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks Thanks Thanks!!
so.... What is the next step?
Raiser
Hi omote23,

Next Step

The next thing you will need to do is to attend the Bet Sizing live training session. You MUST attended this session in order to continue on with the promotion.

The next Bet Sizing session is on this Wednesday and you can find it here:

Let me know after you you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 08:40 PM
(#19)
OK I Trained Bet Sizing!

so.. what is a next step?

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
OK I Trained Bet Sizing!
so.. what is a next step?
Next Step

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com