Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder!

Old
bankroll builder! - Fri Feb 22, 2013, 05:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

my nick is pavelg18
thank you!

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 08:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavelg18 View Post
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi there,
Hi Pavelg18,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 08:37 AM
(#4)
ye i watched that video

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 07:52 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
ye i watched that video
Great that you watched the video. Now you know how to save your hand histories for both real and play money games!

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 12:22 PM
(#6)

what do you think?

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 06:57 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
what do you think?
Hi Pavelg18,

One of the Hand Analysers will look at this later for you, once he does this I will then advise on the next step for the promotion.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Pavelg18!

With pocket 10's from UTG, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are no limpers, I'll raise to 3BB or 30.

There is now a call, then an abnormally large raise (to 15X the previous bet where a standard raise would be to 3X or 120), then a call of this large bet.

It now folds back to me and here is where a read on the opponents will come into play.
If the opps are tight opponents, I'm very easily up against best case 4 overcards, if not an overpair. If this is the situation, then I'm going to fold, as all 3 of us are going to have about an even chance to win. I'd rather save my chips for a situaiton where I know that I'm ahead.
If the opps are loose on the other hand, then I'm going to be ahead in the hand, BUT, I'm still going to lose the majority of the time (against two opps playing the top 20% of hands, I'll win about 40% of the time).

Due to this, while I may be ahead, I'm going to be a favorite to LOSE the hand against two opponents (and will be even worse odds if villain 2 calls), so I'm going to muck here and look for a better spot, where I can be the favorite to win the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#9)
thanks , i will take this information to the tables!

oh i know that to continue in this offer i need to pass the poker basics quiz , i done this quiz already is it a problem?

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
oh i know that to continue in this offer i need to pass the poker basics quiz , i done this quiz already is it a problem?
You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

For beginners it's not advised to play short handed tables, so if 2/3 seats become empty it's a good idea to stand up also. As you become better at ranging opponents and playing an aggressive game you will feel more comfortable playing short handed tables but for now try to stick to the full ones.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com