Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Dan Harringtons books

Old
Dan Harringtons books - Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar
Ive been playing poker for about 3 or 4 months now, i play mostly cash games but play at the local tavern in a tourney style a couple of nights a week. Ive read some reviews on dan harringtons books, but im not sure which to read first. Alot of reviews say that his books on tourney play are more in depth and are generally just a better book for evolving your thinking at the table. But obviously the cash game books seem more practical as i want to mostly play cash game for now. Im a beginner so i think both books would help my game. My question is has anybody read both of these books? And can give advice on to which is better for to to read first?

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I have not read any of the tournament books, but 'Harrington on Online Cash Games; 6-Max No-Limit Hold 'em' is a very solid book for 6max online (micro-low stakes). If the quality of this book is any indication of the quality of his other books, then your should be making a good investment buying any of them.

The book I mentioned may not be the best book to start out with though. The best poker investment I ever made was buying 'No-Limit Holdem Theory And Practice'. I think it may be a better place to begin reading (for cash games).

You should also check out the PSO 'Single Table Tourneys' class. It is amazing and free. Will help a lot with those small local tournaments.

Old
Fri Feb 22, 2013, 10:35 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi chucklez001!

I'm about 1/2 way thru the 3 book tournament series (Harrington on Hold Em)and they have been a good read so far.

Another two book series for torunaments that I'd recommend is Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time.

When I'm done with the Harrington on Hold Em books, I'm going to read Small Stakes Hold Em (for cash games).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com