Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL - TPTK on paired wet flop and facing a min 3bet

Old
10NL - TPTK on paired wet flop and facing a min 3bet - Sat Feb 23, 2013, 06:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Villain 78/6/7 (19 Hands) - looks very fishy to me even with such a small sample.

Anyway, I have no idea if I played this hand well at all.

What is the min 3bet supposed to mean? 9x? Jx? FD? st8 draw?
The board texture makes it so hard I think

So anyway here's the hand.

Old
Sat Feb 23, 2013, 01:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Seems highly unlikely villain limps button with 99 or JJ so your going to be looking at a drawing hand like 98% of the time. A9s is a possibility, but again he would have probably raised pre-flop with it.

Villain probably kept his raise small so he wouldn't charge himself too much to draw if you fail to fold. I would just re-raise him all-in on the flop and let him decide to fold or make a -EV call (+EV for you!).

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 02:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi geo,

It's a min-raise, not 3b... someone who has voluntarily played 15/19 hands I'm not sure we can ever be too sure what this means. Rockerguy's guess is reasonable but it could easily be Jx, 9x, 55, KT, or some other hand that doesn't make sense (it's likely this villain's poker brain isn't making much sense). While he likely won't limp the button with 99 or JJ he will with hands as weak as 95s I'd imagine, given the early indication we have from his stats.

I don't really like jamming given the uncertainty, would probably call, then lead safe turn cards (like this one). If he IS on a draw he'll call our turn bet incorrectly. If he's got some weird made hand worse than ours he'll also call. If he raises us on the turn we can probably let it go.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 04:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hey Dave, so up till the turn I played it right. But what do you make of the river line?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com