Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

KK takes a severe beating from AX

Old
KK takes a severe beating from AX - Sun Feb 24, 2013, 09:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
ChromeStar
How often should AX beat KK? Just went out of The Bigger $4.40 after being crippled when my 3rd KK lost to AJ on Hand 93 - Blinds were 400/200 - I had 8.1k to his 6.5k - all in pf and he hits ace on flop. Earlier, on Hand 67 I got my 1st KK beat by AK all in pf after a small raise from me, blinds 250/125 - I had 14.7k to his 5.4k. The very next Hand 68, I got my 2nd KK beat by the same player who calls with any AX. This time I just called pf, no raises. Ace lands on the flop, he bets, I fold and he shows an ace. So that's 3 times in 25 hands KK lost to AX. As I write, just 16 hands later, still watching the same table, and KK this time loses to AQ all in pf. So 4 times in the space of 41 hands. That sounds like extreme bad luck for KK v AX to me, or am I wrong? What are the odds of that happening? I don't think I could have folded, or is that incorrect thinking? (On another note, I'm writing this as therapy against tilting in the next tourney. Calm down! Calm down!)

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 10:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
If the opps range is any A, KK will lose just under 1 in every 3 times.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Feb 24, 2013, 11:30 PM
(#3)
ChromeStar
Would be great one day to get somewhere near those odds with KK, though I think 3-outer Aces will be the death of me.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 12:07 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2012
BronzeStar
same here to ...i did a blog keeping calm try to read it

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 09:21 AM
(#5)
ChromeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddensmiles View Post
same here to ...i did a blog keeping calm try to read it
Thanks for that. I think I need some Zen like state of mind to deal with KK losing to AX 3 times within 25 hands! That was a killer. Good luck with your cards.

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 02:13 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2013
Pokerstoved it:

KK vs AJ - AJ wins 28.8% of the time
KK vs AK - AK wins 30.0% of the time
KK vs Ax - Ax wins 29.7% of the time (31.4% if you include AA as a possibility since you didn't see 2nd card)

The chance of losing all 3 of those hands consecutively - 2.7% (Using the 31.4% for Ax)

Hope this helps

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com