Old
2NL - raised with 2pair on monotone board - Mon Feb 25, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
Villain 14/9/3 (119 Hands)
Fold to Steal from SB 33%
3bet 6%
Fold to Flop Cbet 50%

I don't think a nut flush would raise this flop?
So I'll take out Kxs out of his raising range. He will raise with his sets, I think 100% of the time so 66/33 are there.
I think all the small flushes would raise for value and protection from a naked spade in our hand that is higher than his made flush so hands like T9s, JTs, Qxs should be raising.
I can also add Ax with a spade that would raise maybe? But there are only 2 more Aces in the deck so the chances of him holding an Axs diminishes.
Would he raise with lets say an AQo to protect from a 4th spade?

I'm kinda confused what to range him on because our equity changes alot.

Range 1: 66, 33, QsJs, QsTs, JsTs, Ts9s, 9s8s, AcQs, AdQs, AhQs, AcJs, AdJs, AhJs - we are 70-30

Range 2: 66, 33, AQs-AJs, QsJs, QsTs, JsTs, Ts9s, 9s8s, AcQd, AcQh, AcQs, AdQc, AdQh, AdQs, AhQc, AhQd, AhQs, AcJd, AcJh, AcJs, AdJc, AdJh, AdJs, AhJc, AhJd, AhJs - we are almost even money.

Am I being too optimistic with my ranging? and how would you proceed with the hand? should this be an easy fold or raise situation?

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 01:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi geo,

The nut flush should be raising the flop, but you're right, most players at 2nl won't, they slow play incorrectly way too often.

As far as ranging goes, I would take some big aces out, imagine AQ/AJ 3-bets you pre blind v blind for instance. And because it's blind v blind it's the one spot where people lose their minds more often than any other, so I think we'll get raised here by all kinds of Ax hands, naked single spade draws, and some air. I would never fold this situation with top 2.

As far as the response to the raise, it's important to consider all your options, there are 3 of them but you're only considering 2? So imo folding is out of the question. Re-raising/getting it in is fine and should be profitable but doesn't give him a chance to bluff and might have the other nasty side effect of waking him up to the fact that an A-rag is no good. I line I kind of like here is to just call, then lead the turn. Villains aren't used to seeing this play, so it can sometimes confuse them into making a mistake. If you donk out the turn for like .32 into .56 it leaves him room to shove both on a bluff or semi-bluff, or with Ax "for protection" because he mis-interprets what's going on.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 05:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com