Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom. Raise utg TT, btn flats, c-bet Q75 flop, btn calls, check 8 turn...

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom. Raise utg TT, btn flats, c-bet Q75 flop, btn calls, check 8 turn... - Mon Feb 25, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

Confused, I am on this one? The only read I have is the villain's stack size and a wrong bet size lead on the turn and then on the river.

Standard raise utg TT, btn flats, I c-bet Q75 flop, btn calls. Considering I may be beat check turn 8 that now gives some draws.

Villain now leads 25% pot. I couldn't work it out. Value betting a draw should IMO be a bigger bet. Maybe the player is setting a small price to see the river?

One of my gut feelings to call then a river J. The world got there and then comes a >>10c bet into $1.16<< anyone folding?

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 06:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi Forrest,

The line he took seems like a 1 pair hand.... i think the betsize may be a tell that hes not as strong as a Q, and then when the J comes and he bets even smaller im inclined to believe that we are beating him enough times to make the call profitable. Of course he may have a better hand some times; but i wouldn be surprised if he shows some hand like 66 or 99, even 89s or something about ... So an 11.6 to 1 call i think its +EV.

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 08:45 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Hi Guido,

Thanks for you comments on my hands.

I missed out some of my thought process pre-flop. That's the btn 3-bet range. At 25NL I would expect there to be a wider range than I would expect at the low micros.

Unfortunately at 5NL it's a bit trappy. JJ+ and AQ+ may just flat their btn to disguise strength. But to be fair my utg raise 6-max is any pocket pair, AJ+ sometimes ATs.

So I was resigned to be beat by an over pair or good draw when I gave up the initiative on the turn. Never even considered an under pair.

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:33 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I like how you played the hand. Given villain's betsizing I dont think he has a lot of better hands here but he may also not call with worse if you raise so just calling is fine imo.

You could consider betting turn yourself to get value from all the draws/pairs+draws out there too.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com