Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder promotion

Old
bankroll builder promotion - Tue Feb 26, 2013, 06:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
hi, trying to take part in bankroll builder promotion .please help.thank you.

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozza1973 View Post
hi, trying to take part in bankroll builder promotion .please help.thank you.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
hows my play - Thu Feb 28, 2013, 07:25 AM
(#4)

was i right to raise with hand ,if so was bet sizing ok?

Old
hows my play - Thu Feb 28, 2013, 07:45 AM
(#5)

just another hand to look at!

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 06:05 AM
(#6)
Hi,

is an strong enough hand to be raising on the button when there are several limpers, raising will accomplish thinning the field down (in the hopes of isolating one of the villains that you feel you have an edge on post flop [crossedfingers]) which will increase our hand hand strength with less players involved and make our decisions easier post flop playing versus a range of hands in position. If we where to get limp re-raised..I'd pitch this hand (fold) as there could be a very good chance the villain is doing that play with a premium holding (AA KK QQ JJ AKs) and ATo doesn't play fairly well against that range [70/30 80/20+ pre-flop and on certain board textures]. As for the raise size pre-flop, I'd make it 3 big blinds + 1 big blind for each limper. Your bet sizing is perfect on the flop, It is a small enough sizing to extract thin value from a range of weaker Ax, pocket pairs, flush draws and it also doesn't commit your self to the pot if we are put to the test to play for stacks if a re-raise is splashed out by a villain..well done. Your turn bet sizing in a heads up pot..let's take in to consideration the villains stack depth when determining our bet sizing..we want to bet enough to where they will not fold..again 1/2 pot in this situation is a perfect play!

From early position, If if I want to play a hand, I'd open for 3x the big blind + 1bb for each limper. This will help get the initiative in the pot as there could be a good chance that we will be playing OOP(out of position) post flop.

On the flop, I'd raise 2400 to get value from a range of flush draws, 9x and possibly a worse range of Ax. Given the pre-flop action (limp pot) we can feel fairly confident that we have the best hand..as typically a strong range of Ax AT to AK would open for a raise. On the turn, with aces up (top two pair) this a definite "get it in" situation, I'd be willing to play for stacks vs. a loose villain..if this villain was on the tight-aggressive side..I might fold as they cold have limped 44 or 99..what where your reads on this villain? (have they done anything out of the norm, have they been playing aggressively frequently?)

Hope this helps.

Please watch the following video and let us know as soon as you have watched it and we will move you on to the next stage of your Bank Roll Builder training.

Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Mar 02, 2013 at 06:18 AM..

Old
poker stars /getting started - Sun Mar 03, 2013, 10:40 AM
(#7)
hi,have watched the above video,cheers

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 02:07 AM
(#8)
Hi,

Did you find the video helpful?

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Good luck!

Old
poker basics - Fri Mar 08, 2013, 01:41 PM
(#9)
hi,just to let you know ive passed poker basics course.v enjoyable and useful

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 07:26 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozza1973 View Post
hi,just to let you know ive passed poker basics course.v enjoyable and useful
Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here in your thread and we'll analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables.

CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com