Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Feb 26, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
Hello!

I'm wondering if I'm eligible for this promotion?

Many Thanks,

Adzman.

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzman300 View Post
Hello!
I'm wondering if I'm eligible for this promotion?
Many Thanks,
Adzman.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 11:50 AM
(#4)
\o/

Due to my time-zone being able to attend the live sessions is not easily possible, is there a possible solution to this problem?

Here is a hand I played just now, I pick up Pocket 9's in the Cutoff and raise to 5x, since there are two limpers in the hand, I then get 3-bet from the button and the BB cold calls, it then gets folded back round to me and I'm wondering whether it would be better to 4-bet in this situation or to call and play a flop? I elect to call as I don't think 9s are strong enough to 4-bet here or should be folded as I can hit a set/nice flop and play them after the flop, however the board then comes Ace High and I elect to check fold. What do you think?

Bumping in case I've been forgotten about :P

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 12:12 AM.. Reason: condensing thread

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:24 AM
(#5)
Quote:
\o/

Due to my time-zone being able to attend the live sessions is not easily possible, is there a possible solution to this problem?

Here is a hand I played just now, I pick up Pocket 9's in the Cutoff and raise to 5x, since there are two limpers in the hand, I then get 3-bet from the button and the BB cold calls, it then gets folded back round to me and I'm wondering whether it would be better to 4-bet in this situation or to call and play a flop? I elect to call as I don't think 9s are strong enough to 4-bet here or should be folded as I can hit a set/nice flop and play them after the flop, however the board then comes Ace High and I elect to check fold. What do you think?

Bumping in case I've been forgotten about :P

Hi,

Depending on the villains tendencies and their table image (are they spewy and aggro), If they have been frequently 3betting every hand (or often) in my opinion it's best to 4bet to try and isolate the SB and get stacks in pre-flop or win the pot uncontested, calling the 3bet doesn't give us the correct pot odds to flop a set, at worst they have an over pair and at best we we have an over pair to them (but it's highly unlikely they would 3bet 88 and below, am I right based on your reads?) or we are in a coin flip situation vs. a range of AT to AK. But if we where to take this line..make the 4bet sizing to 8.8k 10k to leave room for a possible fold if the big blind re-raises all in, we do not know where we stand against their range as no reads where provided..

If this villain (*SB) has been extremely tight with 15% range, I'd consider folding preflop..

1. We do not have the proper pot odds to call and set mine

2. There is a very good chance we are crushed by their range

Let me know once you have attended the Basic Sessions and we will advance you to the next stage!

Hope this helps,
CannonLee

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 08:13 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post
Hi,

Depending on the villains tendencies and their table image (are they spewy and aggro), If they have been frequently 3betting every hand (or often) in my opinion it's best to 4bet to try and isolate the SB and get stacks in pre-flop or win the pot uncontested, calling the 3bet doesn't give us the correct pot odds to flop a set, at worst they have an over pair and at best we we have an over pair to them (but it's highly unlikely they would 3bet 88 and below, am I right based on your reads?) or we are in a coin flip situation vs. a range of AT to AK. But if we where to take this line..make the 4bet sizing to 8.8k 10k to leave room for a possible fold if the big blind re-raises all in, we do not know where we stand against their range as no reads where provided..

If this villain (*SB) has been extremely tight with 15% range, I'd consider folding preflop..

1. We do not have the proper pot odds to call and set mine

2. There is a very good chance we are crushed by their range

Let me know once you have attended the Basic Sessions and we will advance you to the next stage!

Hope this helps,
CannonLee
Hey, sorry I should have specified that it was like my 3rd hand at the table so was playing read-less, thank you for your feedback though.

I have just watched the 'Getting Started' video now, so am ready to move on to the next stage.

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 06:37 AM
(#7)
Hi,

Did you find the "Getting Started" video helpful?

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in an

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 08:31 AM
(#8)
It was helpful, thank you.

I've passed the Basic Poker Course now.

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 05:04 AM
(#9)
Well done on the quiz!

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here in your thread and we'll analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables.

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 12:01 PM
(#10)
Ok, unfortunately I've lost my $2 buy-in , the majority of which being in the following hand:

I'm pretty sure this is just standard and a +EV move in general, but obviously would like that to be checked to see if there's any way I can get away from the hand.

Prior to this hand I'd been fairly active, so when it gets folded round to the button and he limps, SB folds, I obviously want to raise this up to get some value and to not possibly give off info about my hand by slowplaying. Flop then comes a reasonably good one for my hand, so I put out a nice c-bet to get value from random A highs and any 9x hand, or hands like 88-22 (as I figure he doesn't limp/call with TT+, and 99 is obviously v.unlikely. He then check raises to 3x my c-bet, this is really the point i'm wondering whether I can either a) get away from this at all or b) play it differently. I don't think I can get away from this, as because I've been quite active and think he's capable of doing this with any 9x or PP which is in his range, so I decide to shove, trying to get value from any Pocket pair 22-88 and 9x hands, as I don't think he can get away from them on this board to a 3-bet jam, I also don't think there are really any 3x hands besides A3, K3 and 33, all of which are v.unlikely. Like I said I'm pretty sure this is just standard and unfortunate, but advice would be good.

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 03:10 AM
(#11)

This is an unfortunate spot to lose to K3o.. :-/

But here is how I would have played the hand differently. (by the way..huge high five to you for thinking in terms of hand ranges)

Pre-flop, 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper is a standard sizing..even though your table image is perceived as "active" by the opponents..what where your reads about the player on the button..have they been aggressively limping? More like have they been limping frequently trying to see affordable boards?

Flop
What where their tendencies post flop? Have they shown any aggression in previously played hands and if so, what range where they showing down and how often? These are things to take into consideration when determining our course of action..If that villain has been playing passively post flop..then KK might just be a fold, one of the most important skills a poker player can have is "finding a fold"

The flop texture was really "dry" 339 isn't really going to hit to much of a plausible +EV starting hand range besides A3, 33 and 99..pretty narrow range, right? So I think the best line to take here is to check the flop and induce a bet from the villain..even if they have a range of Ax they only have like 12% equity in the pot and it certainly won't hurt to let the villain peel a free turn card if they decide to check back..I've encountered many situations like this..where I take the "default" line and continuation bet and not get floated nearly as much as I do on the turn when making a delay continuation bet..I'd rather get at least 1 street of value on the turn..than fold out all of the villains range/equity on such a dry flop.

The way the hand played out..it's in a rock and a hard place..our hand just looks to good on this board texture and there is such a narrow range that has us beat, we could have maybe did a "click back" 4bet minraise to try and get some extra value and build the pot to get stacks in on the turn..But jamming all in is just going to get way to many folds from the villain on that board texture (depending on their dynamic/tendencies)

Hope this helps.

Please take the Cash Game Quiz and when you have passed it your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you! Let me know when have finished.

CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Mar 04, 2013 at 03:14 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 11:39 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post

This is an unfortunate spot to lose to K3o.. :-/

But here is how I would have played the hand differently. (by the way..huge high five to you for thinking in terms of hand ranges)

Pre-flop, 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper is a standard sizing..even though your table image is perceived as "active" by the opponents..what where your reads about the player on the button..have they been aggressively limping? More like have they been limping frequently trying to see affordable boards?

Flop
What where their tendencies post flop? Have they shown any aggression in previously played hands and if so, what range where they showing down and how often? These are things to take into consideration when determining our course of action..If that villain has been playing passively post flop..then KK might just be a fold, one of the most important skills a poker player can have is "finding a fold"

The flop texture was really "dry" 339 isn't really going to hit to much of a plausible +EV starting hand range besides A3, 33 and 99..pretty narrow range, right? So I think the best line to take here is to check the flop and induce a bet from the villain..even if they have a range of Ax they only have like 12% equity in the pot and it certainly won't hurt to let the villain peel a free turn card if they decide to check back..I've encountered many situations like this..where I take the "default" line and continuation bet and not get floated nearly as much as I do on the turn when making a delay continuation bet..I'd rather get at least 1 street of value on the turn..than fold out all of the villains range/equity on such a dry flop.

The way the hand played out..it's in a rock and a hard place..our hand just looks to good on this board texture and there is such a narrow range that has us beat, we could have maybe did a "click back" 4bet minraise to try and get some extra value and build the pot to get stacks in on the turn..But jamming all in is just going to get way to many folds from the villain on that board texture (depending on their dynamic/tendencies)

Hope this helps.

Please take the Cash Game Quiz and when you have passed it your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you! Let me know when have finished.

CannonLee
Ahh ok, all those different questions you've put forward are good things for me to try think about when playing hands in general, I also see what you mean about perhaps not C-betting that flop and checking back or the 4bet click-back if in that spot. Thank you for the ideas/help.

I've passed the Cash Game Quiz.

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 02:26 AM
(#13)
Hi,

Well done on the Cash Game Quiz!

Your second Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours.

Yes, it's all about thought process or rather adjusting to different player types, the default lines that are learned through experience are only there as a foundation to build on.

Let me know when you have received your buy-in! Good luck at the tables.

CannonLee

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 11:55 AM
(#14)
I have received my Buy-in, so time to hit the tables again!

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 02:41 AM
(#15)
Quote:
I have received my Buy-in, so time to hit the tables again!
Great news!

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:57 AM
(#16)
Out of Curiosity, what do I do next to get my next two buy ins? As you get 4 with the promotion if I'm not mistaken?

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 03:13 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Out of Curiosity, what do I do next to get my next two buy ins? As you get 4 with the promotion if I'm not mistaken?
Hi,

There are 3 way you can earn the two remaining Bank Roll Builder buy-ins after completing the cash game quiz..

1. Earn 10VPPs with buy-in earned after completing the cash game quiz..and your next buy-in will be released.

2. At any point if you are to lose your buy-in, please post a hand replay that lost you the buy-in and I'll analyze it or suggest additional training before sending you back to the table with a new buy-in.

3. Make a deposit at any stage and all Bank Roll Builder buy-ins will be automatically released.

Please let me know what route you'd like to take.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#18)
Unfortunately it's going to have to be 2nd option as opposed to the 1st, as I got to 9VPPs on that buy in

I started out pretty well by getting Aces and flopping top set on AKx flop against AK and all the draws missed so i got up to about $5, then i really unfortunately misclicked quite badly into an all in and went down to about $2 ish, before running the following two hands which were what broke my buy in:

and

With the AK hand I open with AK, and I get 3-bet min from the button who is quite shallow, he had only just sit down and lost about $0.20 in a pot which didn't get shown down, so I was playing with no read on the guy really, and I think calling out of position with such a strong hand and missing the flop two thirds of the time and having no clue what to do if he c-bets was just a bad idea, and I couldn't make a 4-bet without pot commiting myself, so I decide to just ship it for ~30BBs and he snaps me off with AA, and the rest is history, I don't know if there's any way I can get away from it considering the min 3-bet w/Aces does look strong, but that may be just on reflection, also I don't know if shipping it straight away is OK as he isn't pot committed although I don't suspect he'd 3-bet fold a whole lot (as a generalisation for these limits)

I then get Jacks a short while later after chipping up and down a bit for roughly 50 hands, at this point I'd been relatively active at this point due to a nice run of hands, albeit struggling to get action, so my raise doesn't get a ton of respect, getting two callers before the BB 3-bet jams for 40BBs, which was completely out of character as he'd been doing a fair bit of limping and calling pre-flop, often check folding the flop, at this point, although this is a bit ugly for Jacks, I feel like I'm forced to call against a range that might do this as I don't think I can ever give him credit for Aces or Kings here, because I think you would 3-bet but not all in, and he was likely to do this with a range something like AK, AQ and pairs QQ-44, possibly with stuff like AJs and KQs, although those and QQ (and naturally JJ) are less likely, he could also just freak out with two random cards and have shipped it. so I think given dead money and the equity I have against his range, which is usually a 55-45 coinflip or 80-20, rarely being crushed, and even if I give him credit for doing that with aces or kings I think I still have to call in this spot, I end up being in a coin flip and lose *shrug*

I then promptly manage to get in AcTc in against 66 and double up to 0.30 before getting it in ATo against J3 and losing my remaining buy in

Obviously the big mistake was the misclick in the first place but with regards to the hands I think I played them OK, obviously feedback would be greatly appreciated

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#19)
Hi,

Your thought process on these two hands is spot on!

This hand is definitely to good to just flat call a min 3bet..and to make matters even more tempting to just gii(get it in) their stack depth is so shallow. I have often found that minimum 3bets that are rounded off to our open size (eg. we open 6c and the villain elects to raise 6 more cents t12c) is a strong indicator of a premium hand as they do not want to generate to much fold equity with a bigger sizing..keep in mind this isn't the case all of the time, as stack depths, pre-flop tendencies and show down ranges need to be taken into account..the min 3bet line pre will typically be used by short stackers 40bb and below~

Such a tough spot, the way the hand played out..it's like the villain didn't want a caller..as all of their premiums(AA KK QQ AKs) would make a sizing to induce action (18c to 24c)..their 3bet jam I think is weighted more towards broad ways suited and non-suited (JT QT QJ KJ KQ AJ AQ) and possibly 99 to 66..our hand will play fairly well against that range. If we had more of a history with this villain (are they tight) we can consider just folding JJ pre-flop.

Your 3rd Bank Roll builder buy-in will be awarded to you within 24 hours!

Best of luck to you at the tables!

CannonLee

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#20)
Ok, thank you for the advice on the AK hand, I'll definitely bear the min 3-bet from a 'short' stack in mind could represent extreme strength Hopefully 3rd Time is the charm!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com