Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6-max zoom: KJo 3-bet resteal from sb against btn steal

Old
25NL 6-max zoom: KJo 3-bet resteal from sb against btn steal - Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
hi All,

preflop: the button is a 19/17 with 47 steal from the button over 200 hands. Since he's opening so wide on the button and in general plaing TAG, i decide to resteal with my KJ(that might flop a decent top pair hand) against his range, expecting to get a lot of folds.

flop: we get a pretty decent Ahigh flop to c-bet on. our c-bet gets floated and after that, I just give up checking it down only to see him holding JTo.

1. how do i procceed in future situations, having seens his hand at that spot? being able to float m with Jhigh on an Ahigh board and checking his pair down when he hit on the turn.
2. do i tighten my 3-bet range or continue to 3-bet for value and simply get more sticky to the pots/ play more check/call passively to scoop his bluffs?

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 05:10 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1nlaion View Post
1. how do i procceed in future situations, having seens his hand at that spot? being able to float m with Jhigh on an Ahigh board and checking his pair down when he hit on the turn.
2. do i tighten my 3-bet range or continue to 3-bet for value and simply get more sticky to the pots/ play more check/call passively to scoop his bluffs?
The future gameplan that I would take against this villain is:

- 3betting a wider than usual valuerange containing all medium to strong aces and broadway hands that may dominate his calling range

- cbet more flops only for value and x/f hands which I would not plan to double or triple barrel with

- check more turns with medium and sometimes strong hands to make more money from his floats

Live Trainer

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 07:53 PM
(#3)
nanonoko
(nanonoko)
Since: Jun 2010
Supernova
if he's calling your 3bets this loosely with JTo, I would gladly keep reraising hands like KJ for value. Having the initiative and dominating hands is just going to be more profitable in general. I would consider checking some strong hands after you bet if you think he's going to keep floating you as if he's floating with jack high, i imagine he's not calling for value, rather he's looking to bluff so dont be afraid to give him that chance to bluff.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com