Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6MAX - JJ, good or bad shove?

Old
2NL 6MAX - JJ, good or bad shove? - Tue Feb 26, 2013, 09:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012

unknown villain, first hand i'd played with him. This is my first forum hand post so please go easy on me.

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 05:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi lostsoulpart,

welcome to the handanalysis forums!

Those spots are always tough with hands like JJ since you are the UTG raiser and many people tend to 3-bet early position raisers with a strong hand range only.

Because of this fact and since there is an overcaller OTB who I would usually figure for a strong pair or broadway type hand (TT+,AQ+) I would be less inclined to shove here.

You are actually getting decent odds to just call and see a flop since you close the action and will be able to act last postflop with good relative position to the raiser.

That way you can figure out pretty precisely how interested people will be in this pot postflop and either find an easy exit or maybe even flop a set against two strong ranges which greatly increases your implied odds.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com