Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl JT shoved on at river

Old
2nl JT shoved on at river - Tue Feb 26, 2013, 10:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013

I'd been at the table for 3-4 rotations and had won a couple of pots heads up by cbetting and lost a couple to others betting against me. None of my hands had gone to showdown yet.

Villain 2 was pretty tight. Villain 4 was a bit loose. He limped 2-3 times per round, including utg, and was passive post flop, also folding, excepting one time when he shoved on me out of the blue when I showed weakness on the turn.

Pre flop Villain 4's min raise made me think he had a better hand than normal so I discounted his little suited connecters and small pp. I thought he'd have mid/high pp (55+) or AT+ KQ, maybe QJs. Villain 2's 3bet meant he had a quality cards. AJ/Q+ JJ+.

I called Villain 4's min raise thinking my hand could play ok post flop. I called villain 2's 3bet raise as it was only another .04 into .26 pot. Is that ok?

Flop comes low and monotone and I hit top pair. I am confident I have a good chance of being in front. So when it is checked to me I bet in position 50% of pot. V1 folds, V4 calls.

Turn comes 2 repeater and I don't think it's changed much except to maybe open up a flush draw. It could have given Villain 4 a FH 5's over 2's but I was unsure. So I bet 60% (.30) of pot thinking it possible that he's sitting on a pocket pair or maybe two overcards for a flush draw. I considered that overpair or flush draw would be most likely hand if he called my turn bet. On reflection I think I bet too small here, maybe .40-.45 would be better??

River comes Kc and there is no flush. Villain shoves and overbets the pot. K is right in this guys range, so its a scare card for me. And I think he can easily put me on a T. It looks bluffy to me but what can I do here. I have 2nd pair with only J kicker. So I fold and he shows 77. Was I asking to be bluffed here?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com