Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Feb 27, 2013, 08:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Nosmin

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 08:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosmin View Post
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Can anyone help?
Nosmin
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 01:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nosmin,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 04:46 AM
(#4)
Ok will do.

It'll take some time though to get on the live training because of time zone, but I'll do my best.

Nosmin

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 10:46 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nosmin!

Since the timing doesn't work for your time zone, here's a recording of one that you can watch.

John (JWK24)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlcWnLfQw0o

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#6)

Preflop I might have done it wrong. But he had only 51 chips so I figure I'll just call. Also button raised and I called no idea why maybe I thought I already have 51 chips in the pot.

On the flop I have top kicker and a chance to get the flush.

So 9 outs if I dont count the kings. Got odds of 5.2:1 but pot odds are 9:1 but I raised to get more value.

On the turn an ace dropped and I wasnt going to fold even if someone all in. Got a chance to make the flush and the straight.

Got the 9s on river and all was good! Hmm I think I should have folded my hole cards pre flop. Anyway tell me what you think. Im weak on outs/odds so not sure if I got that right.

Also 8/9 players, sorry about that but in play money they just tends to all in preflop and it is hard to play a decent hand.

Edit: I'll Check the youtube video thanks!

Last edited by Nosmin; Thu Feb 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 07:54 AM
(#7)
Watched the youtube video! Very helpful!

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nosmin!

With K3s from UTG+1, I get a short-stack shove from UTG. While my cards are suited, K3s is not a good hand and there are6 opps left to act. Due to this, I need to muck this preflop. When playing out of position, I need to stick to much stronger hands due to my positional disadvantage. Playing marginal-at-best hands from out of position will cost me a large number of chips in the long run.
When one of the opps with position on me raises, I'm definitely mucking preflop.

When playing NLHE, I want to be playing hands where I have the correct odds, not just to be calling bets to chase. Not mucking marginal hands, especially when opps are raising, will cost me a large amount of money in the long run.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:23 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nosmin!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 11:25 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi Nosmin!

With K3s from UTG+1, I get a short-stack shove from UTG. While my cards are suited, K3s is not a good hand and there are6 opps left to act. Due to this, I need to muck this preflop. When playing out of position, I need to stick to much stronger hands due to my positional disadvantage. Playing marginal-at-best hands from out of position will cost me a large number of chips in the long run.
When one of the opps with position on me raises, I'm definitely mucking preflop.

When playing NLHE, I want to be playing hands where I have the correct odds, not just to be calling bets to chase. Not mucking marginal hands, especially when opps are raising, will cost me a large amount of money in the long run.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
Ok got it, I'm trying to stick with the starting chart.

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 11:27 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi Nosmin!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)
Poker basic course done, had to try several times though!

Thanks for the starting money I'll keep you updated on my progress on real money tables!

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:42 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nosmin!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 01:27 AM
(#13)
Hmm I think I messed up my account name. I have not included my full name. My name: J. xxxx, but there are other names. Who should I contact to change it?

Edit: All solved, pokerstars support the best!

I'll start playing by monday, saturday and sunday I got courses! Cheers!

Last edited by Nosmin; Sat Mar 02, 2013 at 10:30 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 12:12 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nosmin!

We've all got busy schedules... take whatever time you need.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 09:15 AM
(#15)
Hmm got busted out.

I'll go for the training now.

Also my stats

Hold'em (Real Money):

119 hands played and saw flop:
- 2 times out of 15 while in small blind (13%)
- 2 times out of 15 while in big blind (13%)
- 20 times out of 89 in other positions (22%)
- a total of 24 times out of 119 (20%)

Pots won at showdown - 3 out of 8 (38%)
Pots won without showdown - 9

I dont know what happened on the last hand I should have folded since he raise..pff mistake on my part.

Last edited by Nosmin; Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 09:19 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 03:47 AM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosmin View Post
Hmm got busted out.

I'll go for the training now.

Also my stats

Hold'em (Real Money):

119 hands played and saw flop:
- 2 times out of 15 while in small blind (13%)
- 2 times out of 15 while in big blind (13%)
- 20 times out of 89 in other positions (22%)
- a total of 24 times out of 119 (20%)

Pots won at showdown - 3 out of 8 (38%)
Pots won without showdown - 9

I dont know what happened on the last hand I should have folded since he raise..pff mistake on my part.
Hi Nosmin

Judging by the stats you posted, you have not been playing overly loose. That is good Tight is right!

However, playing A2o in this spot is a clear mistake for several reasons. Firstly, the earlier our position, the stronger our starting hand needs to be. This applies to you, BUT also applies to the villain. He opened from early position and most likely has a strong hand - stronger than yours.

Secondly, A2o is difficult to play. Too often, as in this case, you flop top pair, but end up with the second best hand because of your weak kicker. Also, since your cards are not suited, you won't be drawing to a flush. If you get a straight draw you will be at the bottom end. I recommend folding A2o anytime you are facing a preflop raise. It can be good enough to open with from the btn, but calling will cost you money.

Finally, even if you had a stronger hand, the villain opened with a 6bb raise. This is twice the normal size. Unless you have a very strong hand, it is better to avoid expensive, unclear spots like this. What would you have done if a player after you had 3-bet...

You flopped top pair weak kicker. Single pair hands are not strong enough to risk your entire stack over. Try to keep the pot under control in these situations. The main issue was getting involved preflop though.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 05:06 AM
(#17)
Thanks for the advice!

I think when I played the A2o I was bored because I was not getting good hands.

Any youtube link on betsizing ?

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 11:08 AM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nosmin!

Here is a link that you can use. Please let me know when you've watched it and we'll move onto the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 04:49 AM
(#19)
Okay watched video!

What the next step sir!

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#20)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Nosmin!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Here's the link you'll need.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com