Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Feb 27, 2013, 06:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hello, i you want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Richard

Last edited by richardlux; Wed Feb 27, 2013 at 06:18 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 27, 2013, 07:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi richardlux,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#3)
Hello I have attended the "Getting Started With Pokerstars" live training session.

Question about a hand:

I had no reads, was this a profitable call?

Thanks,
Richard

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 08:14 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Richard!

With KK, I get two shoves with shorter stacks than me. I also have the BB that is a shorter stack left to act. With a made, premium hand, I'm going to shove here everytime.

If I end up against only two opps (assuming they're playing tighter, top 15% of hands), I'm going to win over 60% of the time. While this does mean that I will lose just under 40% of the time, I will gain a sizable amount of chips the times that I win.
When I'm not only the favorite of the 3 hands to triple-up, but the favorite to win the hand to triple-up. It's a chance worth taking. In this case, actually, one of the best case scenarios preflop happened, as they both had an A, so that's less outs that I need to fade to win the hand. In reality, where I am a 60% favorite against the opps ranges of cards, against their exact cards, I'm a 72% favorite, which makes calling an even better play.

Unfortunately, one of the 27% where an opp wins the main pot hits, but that's going to happen.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 08:15 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Richard!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Once you have passed this quiz and attended the live training, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:14 PM
(#6)
Hi JWK24,

I have passed the Poker Basic Course and attended the "Bet Sizing" live training session.

I'm ready for the next step.

Thanks,
Richard

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:51 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi richardlux!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:59 AM
(#8)
Hello, i have recieved the first buy in, Thanks!

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 10:07 AM
(#9)
Hello,

Was this a good fold?

Please tell me the next steps to continue the bankroll builder promotion.

Thanks,
Richard

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi richardlux! I'll take a look at this hand for you.

You're in early/middle position and there is a minraise in front of you. Usually, a minraise indicates a fairly weak hand. JJ rates to be a better hand than the original raiser's, so I'd actually recommend you make a re-raise (3-bet) here to 3x his open. If we make it 12c, that will dissuade multiple players from playing the pot. (There are lots of players still to act, so you want to make them pay extra, instead of calling and giving them good pot odds to enter with a speculative hand that could out-flop yours).
A hand like JJ doesn't fair well against multiple villains, as the flop with contain an ace, king or queen over 60% of the time, so with multiple players seeing a flop, someone is likely to make a better pair than you have. So I like a re-raise to "isolate" the original raiser, and to seize the iniative if he just calls.
As played, you called, and another player also calls. The flop is K92, and the original raiser leads out. Since he is betting into two players, he's not often bluffing here. He usually has at least a king, but sometimes a set, two pairs, or an overpair. You made a good fold here, because you're probably losing, and you only have 2 outs to improve.
If this same situation comes up again, try isolating the minraiser, as it's better to get some money in the pot when you're likely to be ahead, than allow someone else to drive the action and set his own price.

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 06:32 AM
(#11)
Thanks! How can i continue the bankroll builder promotion?

Richard

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Richard!

Please keep playing with the bonus. If you are able to accumulate 10vpp's with it, that will get us to the next step, or if you lose the bonus, we will then move on too.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 05:58 PM
(#13)
Hello, i lost the first 2$. Please tell me the next steps to move on with the promotion.

Thanks,
Richard

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 07:13 PM
(#14)
This is the hand i lost the rest of the 2$. I tried to steal the BB, then got raised and tilted lol

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 08:32 PM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi again Richard! I'll take a look at this QJs hand.

Here, you're in the small blind and no one has entered the hand. The only player you need to beat is the big blind. This hand is good enough to play, and it's usually better than the random hand that the BB was dealt.
Since you're going to play the hand, you should make a standard raise of 3x the bb, as explained in the bet-sizing tutorial. Your 5bb open is too big, as it's not likely to be called by a worse hand very often, but will be called or raised by better. You're also very short-stacked. You don't want to put in a third of your stack pre-flop without at least a decent pocket pair or AK.
Your big raise is re-raised by the BB. He is saying "I have a big hand, like TT or AK". Now that you've put in a third of your stack, you're pretty much committed to calling off the rest, but you're almost always getting it in bad here.
Against a range of TT+ and AK, QJs is only going to win 32% of the time.

If you'd made a standard raise of 3bb, you could make a disciplined fold when you get raised. By deviating from the standard open size, you unfortunately found yourself getting stacked.
In future, try sticking to standard bet-sizes and making good folds when villains make it clear that you're probably beat. You'll make money in the long run if you only get all your stack in the middle with strong made hands, like big pairs.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 08:48 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Step Two

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 2 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
2) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com