Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

16NL 6-Max 2p 3way

Old
16NL 6-Max 2p 3way - Thu Feb 28, 2013, 04:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain 4(UTG)'s 32/21, AF:3.1 over 184 hands. Flop cbet 57%(14), Turn cbet 50%(2)

Villain 3(BB)'s 59/18, AF: 1.8 over 79 hands. Flop FCB: 44%(9), Flop donkbet: 21%(19), Turn donkbet: 60%(5)

Villain 4 cbets tiny. I raise it up to extract value from weaker Queens and also draws.

Turn comes a King which makes the board coordinated. Villain 3 leads for a small amount. Could have made a straight with T9 or 2 pairs KJ. Again I raised for value from Qx and flush draw.

River comes a brick and Villain 4 turns aggressive, allin. Easy release of our 2 pairs KQo? Also, is raising the Turn value-owning ourselves?

Our pot odds OTR are 1:2.63 (28%) OTR. I gave both players a range of { JJ+, 22, AKs, ATs, KJs+, T9s, AKo, ATo, KJo+, T9o }. They're both 46% favourite while we're only 8%. Should we remove AK from their range? Also, I feel that sets might have raised OTT when the board got coordinated.

Will reveal the following actions. Thanks!

Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Thu Feb 28, 2013 at 05:00 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 06:25 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop I would tend to either 3bet or fold KQo, I think its a little close to be calling against an UTG open - but that depends a lot on villain's OR from EP and his postflop tendencies too.

As played I like your line since you can raise/fold against the UTG guy and isolate the weaker player at the same time.

I dont think UTG is bluffing here ever into the two of you with the previous betting so we have to assess his valuerange which I think will mostly be comprised of either sets or AT. I dont really see him just calling turn and then suddenly donkshoving with KJ or QJ when he could have jammed turn already - I'd be strongly inclined to fold.

Live Trainer

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 07:44 PM
(#3)
nanonoko
(nanonoko)
Since: Jun 2010
Supernova
i like how you are raising, it's very likely you have the best hand and you have 2 opponents in this hand. when he donks into you smallish it makes sense for you to raise and get more money in the pot to protect your hand (although I think I would've raised even bigger since after the guy led the other guy called so your raise is actually quite small. on the river here, i think you should call as played, i think after you open up the betting on the turn by raising, one of your opponents would reraise all-in here if they had you beat already. them going all-in all of a sudden on this blank card isn't optimal as they could easily get the money in on the turn without giving away free cards.

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:27 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks Felix and Randy!! The subsequent actions were that I went all-in, Villain 3 flats and Villain 4 flats.

V3: Ts9s! No raise OTR??!!
V4: AhTh

I was hoping for the best, that AK or KJ will ship it here but turns out I was beat by the Turn. Their passiveness trapped me lol. Pokerstove also indicated we're crushed. Interesting discussion

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 02:16 AM
(#5)
nanonoko
(nanonoko)
Since: Jun 2010
Supernova
np, even though you loss the hand hopefully it made sense that if hypothetically you were villain 4, you can easily see that he should have reraised even w/ the nuts given he was closing the action 3 way w/out the best position as well as lots of potential cards that could kill action. Imagine another T falls and then both you KQ and T9 wont like the hand anymore but you guys also invested so much already that it'd be hard to get away from.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com