Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Feb 28, 2013, 10:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hello,

Do i qualify for this promotion? :P

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 02:46 AM
(#3)
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 07:59 AM
(#4)
Im attending to the live session.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

This is the hand i couldnt figure out. That guy and the one who called before me, they like all-in every hand. Just i dont know if my hand is still good in that spot to call with.

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 08:37 AM
(#5)
Hi,

This is a tough spot versus certain dynamics, sitting with such a deep sack I'd fold..there are so many combos of Ax and pocket pairs that have me beat, what ranges where these two villains showing down in previous hands that where played at the table? Nice pot! Please let me know when you have completed the live training session and we'll move you on to the nex stage of your training.

CannonLee

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 10:57 AM
(#6)
I did watch the live many live trainings: "Getting Started", "Bet Sizing", "Cash basics", "The Saturday game".
I have alos complete a "Poker basics", "Cash Game", "Single Table Tourneys", "Multiple Table Tourneys" courses and passed all the quizes.
And i think youre right about the hand i played, should have folded but still, good to win

Last edited by bungakat; Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 11:16 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 02:37 AM
(#7)
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 05:06 AM
(#8)
As i said at previous post, i have already learn and passed all the quizes.

Last edited by bungakat; Mon Mar 04, 2013 at 05:21 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 01:44 AM
(#9)
Hi,

Well done on the quizzes!

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here in your thread and we'll analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables.

CannonLee

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 06:24 AM
(#10)
Thank you so much, got it. Already playing some and got a hand to analyse.

I dont know what should i have done there, at small blind. Did not have much info of the guy, he played kinda much hands late position or so. Hes bet was the same as he did always. Before flop i put him hands like Ax, any pocket, broadway cards, suited connectors(maybe is range a bit too wide???). So i thought i call instead of reraising ( maybe that would be right thing to do). At flop i was aiming to get a cheap showdown, but he wasnt up to that. At river i decided to fold, because he allinn, and the previous range i gave him, i wouldnt had beat much of hands, actually KJ or missing draw would be all of it. Please comments for the hand and a proccess that i wrote, is it good range i put him in ? Should i did something else? Was the fold at river right thing to do?

Hand:

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 03:20 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungakat View Post
Thank you so much, got it. Already playing some and got a hand to analyse.

I dont know what should i have done there, at small blind. Did not have much info of the guy, he played kinda much hands late position or so. Hes bet was the same as he did always. Before flop i put him hands like Ax, any pocket, broadway cards, suited connectors(maybe is range a bit too wide???). So i thought i call instead of reraising ( maybe that would be right thing to do). At flop i was aiming to get a cheap showdown, but he wasnt up to that. At river i decided to fold, because he allinn, and the previous range i gave him, i wouldnt had beat much of hands, actually KJ or missing draw would be all of it. Please comments for the hand and a proccess that i wrote, is it good range i put him in ? Should i did something else? Was the fold at river right thing to do?
Hi,

This is an interesting spot. With this hand we'll be playing out of position post flop...so I think it would be best to get the initiative in the hand by raising the opponent pre-flop to 18c (and fold if they 4bet). You have observed the opponent to be positionally aware...and generally that is where we make most of our money (in position). This villain can easily be opening a really wide range from late position (which we could very easily be ahead of from a percentage stand point) but be opening a tighter range from early position(which this hand KQ won't play strongly versus a tight range). Also a flat call could be deemed a good play from the small blind as to not be playing an inflated pot out of position.

Here is the meat of if we are truly behind in the hand or way ahead..on the flop there are several draws present and we have top pair/decent kicker..a check raise to 60c would be the optimal line..(this will help gain information as to how strong our hand actually is and it can get value from draws and plausible weak combos of Kx)

The turn..same line as flop..if we check called the flop at some point during the hand we need to raise the opponent..their bet sizing is indicative of a weak hand (but they have the initiative as we have not shown any strength)

Their river sizing..it's like they do not want to get called..readless this could be a fold..but if you had any history on this villain I'd elect to call in this spot.

Hope this helps.

CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com