Thu Feb 28, 2013, 12:55 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
Here are your PokerStars Game Statistics for your last 100 hands
requested by STOCKY8A

Hold'em (Real Money):

100 hands played and saw flop:
- 5 times out of 17 while in small blind (29%)
- 6 times out of 16 while in big blind (38%)
- 9 times out of 67 in other positions (13%)
- a total of 20 times out of 100 (20%)

Pots won at showdown - 1 out of 7 (14%)
Pots won without showdown - 14

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 01:03 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi STOCKY8A!

IMO, it's a mixed bag. Some are coolers, some I would have never been in the hand to start with and some were bet in a way that the opp was given the correct odds to beat me (which happened, so it would be my own fault that I lost because I should have raised/bet more to give them a -EV draw).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#13)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Honestly dude, all I have to say is do yourself a favor and don't upload every single bad beat/cooler hand history you get. I learned the hard way last year that if you upload them each time, you will spend A LOT of time uploading to the replayer.

I mean really, I could go on and on uploading every day (I play 10-12 talbes), but I'd waste so much time I wouldn't get anything else done.

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 02:32 PM
(#14)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
Honestly dude, all I have to say is do yourself a favor and don't upload every single bad beat/cooler hand history you get. I learned the hard way last year that if you upload them each time, you will spend A LOT of time uploading to the replayer.

I mean really, I could go on and on uploading every day (I play 10-12 talbes), but I'd waste so much time I wouldn't get anything else done.
^^^^^^^^^^this. Much more productive ways to spend your energy. Self review to start with....

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 03:13 PM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
i watched most of them, and repeatedly ur putting all ur money in with just one pair. that's really bad for your bottom line. secondly, u are extremely, extremely results oriented. u don't even think about the play of the hand--u just look at the end of the hand and say it was a bad beat but u don't think about the odds that any other player is getting. like QQ vs. AK when he flops a flush draw...u actually have the WORST hand here, in terms of equity. think about that for a minute. i think there was one hand u had trips and u put the money in on a 3 flush board? u don't have anywhere close to the nuts here. then there was one where u had QT and the other guy had 88--u flopped a T and the other guy flopped an 8. u were behind the entire hand. the odds of u losing a lot of these are a lot higher than u think. i think u put the money in 3 times with an overpair to the board and the other player had a set? well, unfortunately, yes, but bad beat? no. what do u think they have when they 3-, 4-, and 5-bet raise u? what makes u think one pair is going to consistently be the winner?

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
hi ketchup143 thanks for the reply and the good advice are you saying to Pot control more and pot odds if so i can go back to the Courses and work on this

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 12:35 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2013
Dunno why your getting all in with 1 pairs, the only time you get all in is with trips and up and even then you need to be cautious of wet boards with straight and flush draws.

if i had an over pair of pocket aces id bet pot not go all in even 2 pair beats you and i see it so often where people with low pocket pairs make there trips on the flop.

Old
Thu Mar 28, 2013, 03:17 PM
(#18)
really really bad play. u keep making the wrong play over and over 2 times out of all the hands u posted u got your money in good and got sucked out on.

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#19)
sorry for the strong words, u are making 1 mistake and until u fix it u will keep having a lot of hands like that. well 1 huge problem I seen others, lol 0.01-0.02 is the 1 game I can beat

Old
Fri Mar 29, 2013, 12:52 PM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2012
Hey STOCKY, I have to say there is a mixture of some bad luck and some bad play. I'll share my thoughts on the hands you posted to see if it helps you any but these are just my opinions.

1. Pre flop raise to 0.12 is perfect, seat 3 calls having limped. A lot of players at 2NL will do this with small pairs and sometimes with weak or speculative hands J9, JT, small aces etc. The flop comes down reasonably unconnected with 2 spade, looks good. Here I would bet at least 2/3 pot for value meaning if the villain raises it would probably be all-in due to his awkward stack size and leaves his range wide meaning you can make a +EV call. When you bet half pot and the villain raises small he can have anything from a set to a flush draw to a bluff but when you re-raise all-in you're limiting the range you can be called with. While yes, you can be called with worse, you're more likely to get action from hands that have you in bad shape, completely eliminating bluffs from his range. In this case you were unlucky he hit a set but it could also have been played better.

2. An open shove from UTG for 33 BBs is an unusual play and I would say more often than not AQ is behind that range and not worth just gambling so it's really a fold. Even if you had history with this player and he had been getting out of line way too often you can find better spots to get his money if this is the case.

3. QQ on the button and action before you, woot! Here I think you should raise more than to 0.12, probably 0.16-.20 is better, as that's a fairly small 3-bet and perhaps looks weak so the villains 3-bet doesn't really define his hand well. I think at this point a call is fine as we're not likely to get action from worse hands if we 4-bet, but would rather have bet bigger so we could have had the betting lead of gotten it all in to a bigger 3-bet. Once the flop comes down it's your over pair vs 2 overs and the nut flush draw so the money goes in anyway, think the hand plays itself. I think here the money is getting all in no matter what and it's pretty much a flip, but again could be played differently. I do think you should look at your bet sizing.

4. Pre flop, perfect. The flop is kind of wet so I would c-bet a bit more than half but it's not terrible or anything. When the BB raises you quite big here alarm bells ring. I'm thinking sets, possibly a straight as he was getting the price to defend his BB wide or some sort of combo draw that has us in bad shape at least. I might call if I don't believe him and re-evaluate the turn but am probably just folding. You decide to shove all in which is just value owning yourself, you will fold out any worse hands (not that I feel there are a lot here) and only get called by hands that have us in horrible shape. As you see the villain has top set and we get all the money in behind with only about 25% equity.

5. Again pre is fine. When the villain donks out (quite small too) on the flop I'm a bit confused and would raise as you did to see where I stand. But when we are 3-bet I think my question has been answered, unless this villain has a history of making insane plays, and I can get away from it. It doesn't feel good folding in spots like this but sometimes we have to be disciplined.

6. There is a UTG open of 4x so I'd only be playing strong hands here, QTo doesn't come into this category. It may seem like a bit of a bad beat but you have to remember you sucked out on him on the flop but were behind pre.

7. Everything is perfect until the flop when we get raise. The villain is usually only raising here with sets and over pairs. We are ahead of the over pairs but way behind sets and if we raise we get action from the sets far more than the over pairs we beat so it's not really +EV to raise. It's kind of a value owning yourself thing again.

8. Pre flop again seems good. Villain bets pot which is kind of strange but I think a call is OK. Hit set on the turn but the board is wet with straight and flush possible. Villain bets pot again and I'm thinking over pairs are a big part of his range and getting it in is OK. He ends up rivering the flush, these things happen.

9. Pre again fine although personally I tend not to play this hand but that's a personal thing. Villain min donks and you bet as if he check which is the right thing to do, then he raises and I'm confused with such a strange play. This is quite a marginal spot but if you feel this particular villain is getting out of line putting the money in is OK imo. I think this particular hand is not a typical play and is very dependant on the particular villain and knowing their tendencies and this time you were kind of right and he sucked out on you. would take a not on the villain and hope to meet him again.

10. Villain opens 4x UTG so I'm putting him on a strong range and really like 3-betting for value. We're out of position and he is more likely to give action if he is strong like it seems so I would bet 0.22 or so. Flop isn't particularly wet and I like the c-bet. We're then raised and here I would say raising is fine, both for value and to protect our hand. All-in is maybe a bit strong but the villain makes a bad call and sucks out. This one is kind of unlucky but it's players like this that make us our profit so again take a note and try and forget about it.

I hope at least some of these opinions give you something to think about and help.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com