Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Feb 28, 2013, 03:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
BronzeStar
Hello,

I just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for the Bankroll Builder promotion?

Thanks

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:07 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Koltin11,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 03:06 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Thanks,

Ill be waiting to attend the live training session in the meantime hears a hand i was kinda unsure about any advice?

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:34 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Koltin11!

With JJ (or any other cards that I want to raise with), I'll make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Since there are 4 limpers, I'll raise to 7BB or 140.

I see a 5-way flop that brings and ace. While I did raise preflop and could easily want to make a c-bet, with this many opps, most likely someone has an ace and is ahead of me, so I'm going to check and hope to see a free turn card.
Due to the high number of opps, if I did make a c-bet, I would need to make a pot-sized one and I don't want to risk this many chips when I most likely do not have the best hand. I can't bet smaller than this or I'm giving all the opps the correct odds to draw to beat me, even if I'm ahead.
When an opp raises, I need to muck because I'm most likely behind.

The key with this hand is that I want to be putting chips into the pot when I'm ahead, but when I see that I'm most likely behind, I need to muck and save my chips for a better situation.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 08:24 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I attended the Getting Started live session what do i do next?

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 10:49 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Koltin11!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 03:45 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Great im looking forward to playing the real money tables i took the assessment quiz and passed what do i do now?

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 08:47 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Got lucky on this one

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 01:19 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Koltin11!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

P.S. The A5s hand would be a muck for me. It's nowhere near a strong enough hand to call even one all-in with, let alone multiple players in the pot.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 04:49 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar

This hand went very bad i ended up losing most of my money on this one. I should have just called V7s raise to see a flop i would have seen the king and had a chance to get rid of my hand instead i re raised. When he re raised all in i should have just folded and waited for a different hand very bad call... Can i get another buy in?

Last edited by Koltin11; Thu Mar 07, 2013 at 06:53 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 01:36 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Can anyone help?

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Kolt,

Firstly I don't mind reraising (3-betting) vs. a cut off open even without any reads on V7 (wish we had some reads or info on them). That being said your raise sizing is too small, remember the guideline in the coursework of 3x the total bet size which here would have been to .24c. Making it .15c lets him off too light if he chooses to continue.

When he reraises all in I would call here just like you did. You're starting with a stack of only 73bb's and have 3b, QQ is too strong to fold here imo without some strong opponent reads. I would expect V7 to show up with JJ and TT and AK at least if not worse hands as well (AA would often reraise smaller, not all in). As it was you got the money in as a favorite. Don't be results oriented, thinking you played it bad just because you got a bad result on an individual trial. If you played this out like this preflop thousands of times, you'd end up with a bigger pile of money than you started with.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 09:29 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Thanks for the analysis I just recently made a deposit since beginning my bankroll builder am i still eligible for another buy in?

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 09:42 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Koltin11!

If you make a deposit, you will be credited the remaining part of the $8 from this promo. It can take 48-72 hrs to show in our system, so please give it a day or two to show up.

Please let us know when you do receive it, or if you don't get the rest of the $8.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 10:35 AM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Koltin11!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 08:13 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Still haven't received the the rest of my 8$ its been about three days since i made my deposit can anyone help?

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 11:15 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Koltin11!

I don't see in the system that you've passed the cash game quiz. This is needed for the system to unlock the other buy-ins. Please do this and I should be able to get it to you.
Please let me know when you have passed it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 12:01 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
I completed and passed the cash game quiz

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 12:29 AM
(#20)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Koltin11!

You should receive the second buy-in within 24 hours (and the final two should be right behind it). Please confirm that you have received them due to your deposit.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com