Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
BronzeStar
Hey guys, im interested in qualify for this promotion, i've just signed to PokerSchoolOnline,

Thanks
Verarlockloy

Old
Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 02:49 AM
(#3)
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 03:21 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hey Cannon i've just watched the Getting Started live training videos. heading now to Bet Sizing.

Thanks

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 05:00 AM
(#5)
Hi,

Did you find those training sessions helpful?

When you get time please post a hand replay, this is to help familiarize yourself with this feature and also for later stages of your Bank Roll Builder Training. When you have done this we will advance you to the next stage!

CannonLee

Old
Callling on pre-flop - Sun Mar 03, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar

J9 - Callling on pre-flop

By de way, i found those training sessions very useful, and really got me started.

Thanks, cheers

Last edited by Verarlockloy; Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 05:10 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 02:19 AM
(#7)
Hi,

This hand is a fold pre-flop versus a tight villain on the button, what where your reads on this villain? On that flop, the villain gave us about the correct pot odds to call with our hand. On the turn we hit the nut straight, I like the line of check>raise instead of leading out and betting this hand..as we want to keep all of their range in the pot. By the way, please focus on playing at a Full Ring 9-max table..as your training is based solely on that game format.

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Good luck!

Old
Score Assessment ! - Tue Mar 05, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hello Cannon, whats up!?

I got what you said about only playing in 9-max table, its actually a good thing for me, a beginner.

I chose to play that hand and that kind of table because i was reading around and ppl said that 6-max table you'll eventually play more hands than usual. Because of that i wanted to practice a little more about the first "overview" of the game and setting up the rules right in my mind.

My reads about the villain(s) is that everyone paid the raise so i thought that everyone could have Jacks to Aces combinations or middle pairs. With that in mind, i thought that my chances of hitting a pair of nine, jacks or even straight or flush were increased. However, after thinking about your advise and reading on the beginners course, i realized that my chances weren't so big after all..

I Have good news.. i managed to pass the final test of Poker Basic Course. Im very excited ..

Thanks a lot...waiting for feedback and already starting to study the next courses.

Cheers
Verarlockloy

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 02:49 AM
(#9)
Hi

Very good thought process for poker! I am looking forward to analyzing some more of your hands when you play some real money games!

When it comes to the Basic Assessment Quiz that you have did the other day, please contact support@pokerschoolonline.com to follow up your completion of it. Please let me know when you have received an answer..

CannonLee

Old
Answer - Wed Mar 06, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Hey Cannon whats up!?

I've received an answer from guys of support@pokerschoolonline.com, and they said i have to wait 48h.

Just lettin'g you know. So what's the next step?

Cheers,
Verarlockloy

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 03:03 AM
(#11)
Hi Verarlockloy,

As support has stated please wait 48hrs.

Until then, I'd like to suggest the No Limit Cash Hand Analysis Forum >>click here<< to read up on. We have a lot of poker enthusiasts that take part in discussion of strategy/theory frequently, I believe you might fancy this forum.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 06:17 AM
(#12)
Hi,

Great news!

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here in your thread and we'll analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables.

CannonLee

Old
How did i play this - Fri Mar 08, 2013, 09:56 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Hey Cannon, whats up man?!

First of all, i checked the bankroll and saw the 2$ there, im very happy =D. Thanks a lot you guys for that kind of promotion, it's really engaging.

Before i start playing on the cash tables i am playing some tournaments, like PokerSchool Open Skill League. Could you please analyse this hand i played on that tournament?? Give me some feddback about improvements on this kind of tournaments if you can. Here is the hand: Ac8c Dealer.

How come did that guy called that raise and my bet??!! kkkkkkk

Thanks a lot, im just entering the cash tables right now and studying the cash game course.

Regards,
Verarlockloy

Last edited by Verarlockloy; Fri Mar 08, 2013 at 10:01 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 06:52 AM
(#14)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verarlockloy View Post
Before i start playing on the cash tables i am playing some tournaments, like PokerSchool Open Skill League. Could you please analyse this hand
Hi Veralockloy,

We will be happy to analysis this hand for you but as it's a tournament hand please post it >>HERE<<

Let's keep your Bankroll Builder promotion thread on topic, remember that this is a cash game promotion only so only Cash Game hands will be analysed here in this thread.

Next Step

Please use your first buy-in to play at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format.

If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here in your thread and we'll analyze it for you!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand analyse - Sat Mar 09, 2013, 02:42 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Hey Cannon, whats up?!

Analyse this hand, because i think i was OK but unfortunately i lost the 2$ money that you guys deposited..

Anyway, here is the hand:

Maybe i should re-raised him 3x , not 2. Please give me some hint and advises about this kind of situation.

However, thanks a lot for attention and i will continue study the course and playing the freeroll tournaments and "play money" until i get more cash.

Regards,
Verarlockloy

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 06:05 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verarlockloy View Post
Hey Cannon, whats up?!

Analyse this hand, because i think i was OK but unfortunately i lost the 2$ money that you guys deposited..

Anyway, here is the hand:

Maybe i should re-raised him 3x , not 2. Please give me some hint and advises about this kind of situation.

However, thanks a lot for attention and i will continue study the course and playing the freeroll tournaments and "play money" until i get more cash.

Regards,
Verarlockloy
Hi,

This hand is worthy of a raise in late position with limpers ahead of you. As this hand can hit relatively well(flop equity to a straight or flush) vs. a limp calling range.

On the flop, this is a really draw heavy board..there is a flush draw and straight draw present and there is also the possibility that combos of K9 and AK could have us beat. First off..what where your reads on the villain?

Read less I'd make the raise size on the flop 35c to 45c, this will get maximum value from a really wide range(Qx, Jx Tx, Kx, Ax, flush draws..straight draws..two pairs..three of a kind) as this board hits super strong with just about everyone's post flop hand range.

On the turn..this is really a tricky spot..with reads on the villain (have the been playing passively/tight post flop in previous hands)I'd probably fold this hand..surprisingly..the villains line looks just like a flush draw that got there..

Please take the Cash Game Quiz, when you have passed it let me know and your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

Good luck!

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Mar 10, 2013 at 06:08 AM..

Old
Cash Game passed - Sun Mar 10, 2013, 09:25 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Hello Cannon, whats up?!

Thanks you very much for the tips.

About the 98s raise pre-flop, this one i was following the rules and, according to the course and forum, with a hand like that (mid-high suited connected) i should just pay a small price to see the flop. After all, with a lot o villains calling, i though they could maybe have K9, KQ, JQ, A9, mid-pairs and so one, meaning that they could just call to see a cheap flop too and hit a better hand. I really didnt thought they could have AK because on pre-flop it could had a raise.

As i was in advantage position and realyze too that was a really "wet board", i've just waited too see they act.The first 3 villains called (meaning most of the times that they didnt hit the best hand) and the 4th bet 10c. Then i agree with you that i could have re-raised more (3 to 4.5 times), yet after realize that that villain (i observed his history) wasnt playing very tight (he limped with 73c...cmom the worst hand in poker..hehehe). That way i could just make him fold and win the pot.

In the turn, he checks and i could just had checked again after thinking about it (i didnt really thought that he could have a flush..but now im aware ). I thought that he could have a 2 pair or waiting for a bigger sequence, based on his actions. Anyway this one is a good learning for me because i got a lot of tricky situations like you said and certainly its making me a better player.

However this kind of situations trains me to deal with losses when you think you are huge. It helps me keep realistic and feet on the ground. What you think?

By de way, i passed the Cash Game Quiz, uhull
Waiting for the deposit.

Thanks a lot again Cannon for showing me another and better point of view. It really helps.

Best regards,
Verarlockloy

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 08:36 AM
(#18)
Hi,

Yes I like what I see!
Poker like most things in life..is all about experience..keep going strong at the tables!

Please >>click here<< to take the Cash Game Quiz make sure you have studied for it, let me know when you have completed/passed it and we'll advance you to the next stage!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Cash Game Quiz already taken - Mon Mar 11, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Hey Cannon, whats up?!

Like i said in the previous post, i already made the Cash Game Quiz and passed. At least in my account information there is the "Completed" status in front of it, and i guess this is because i took the test and pass it.

Thanks a lot, waiting for answers.

Regards,
Verarlockloy

Last edited by Verarlockloy; Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 04:55 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 06:06 PM
(#20)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com