Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6-max Zoom: AA on btn $32 betting into bb $112 - A 4-bet folds out worse?

Old
25NL 6-max Zoom: AA on btn $32 betting into bb $112 - A 4-bet folds out worse? - Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:42 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

This is ABC but I had the thought a 4-bet would fold out a worse hand?

At 25NL my thinking a btn open (me with AA) is probably quite wide and the bb thinks that.

OK I have AA with $32 and the bb 3-bets and then looking at the bb stack size $112 - another thought is villain pushing me even wider than my perceived range?

A moment of madness thinking to flat? Never seen the player before and thought it may be a light 3-bet.

Anyway I don't try to be clever and play a flop. I 4b the bb 5b and we get it all-in >>AA vs ??<< also was my bet sizing OK no big over "reaggressor" raises?

reaggressor - new word I heard in training

Last edited by ForrestFive; Fri Mar 01, 2013 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: my perceived range

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Forrest,

Even at 25NL it's tough without reads to know if they think you're stealing from the button or not, but that would be my general best guess as well.

I like the preflop action. Definitely don't like flatting his 3b, as he could be doing this somewhat wide and it leaves the money deeper than I'd like, might make for some tricky post flop spots that aren't necessary to be putting ourselvse in. Also if he's got a real hand, we want to reopen the betting since we cooler everything pre. I normally 4b to about $4 here, but don't mind it being a bit liess like you did as he can level himself into thinking it's a blind v button war and 5-bet us lighter than normal since he can size a 5b smaller now.

The only think I might do different is 6b small, to like $12, which gives him some room to spazz out if he's out of line. I assume with all real hands he'll jam either way (over a small 6b or calling your 6b jam as he did), but if he does have any bluffs the 6b jam loses those will a smaller raise could induce a bluff jam since you still have $20 behind after it so it looks like you can fold. And if for some strange reason he calls the raise to $12, you have 20 left with a pot of 24 so it's an easy all in on the flop whether calling a shove or shoving yourself.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com