Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6max Zoom enough equity? or tough fold?

Old
2nl 6max Zoom enough equity? or tough fold? - Fri Mar 01, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi Everyone,

In this hand i have no info on my opponent i'd played one hand against them in which they limped.
preflop i isolate which is standard then i make a cbet on the flop with plenty of equity.

The turn comes down its checked again my hand hand improves further so i fire the second bullet,my opponent check shoves and puts me in a slightly uncomfortable spot.
I understand that the villian looks pretty strong here Q10 gets there possible sets although i think they would have played a set of 66 alot faster and 2 pair combos.

My feeling is that i have so much equity here im not sure i can find a fold,im almost getting 2-1 to call and when compared with my equity i think its very close.

What does everyone think here?

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 09:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi Nashy,

In my opinion, you have a call here. I think his range includes some hands you beat like KQ, QJ, even QT, that he could play this way. If he hit 2 pair, you have 11 or 12 outs to improve. I find it more dificult to put him on AQ, since he may raise pre with it; maybe Q9 or a set with the worst escenario being Qs9s, and leaves 7 outs to improve. I think were good to get it in almost 2 to 1 here.

Old
Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nashy,

Preflop iso raise is good obv, wouldn't even mind making it 5x over a weak odd-stacked limper. I think your c-bet of half the pot is too small though. I like c-betting .12-.15c here for straight value with such good hand equity.

Betting the turn is fine here imo, and I would never fold to his shove, although I think our price should be better as it would be if we increased our bet sizing pre and post flop.

We have a fair bit of hand equity with our draws and can even sometimes be ahead right now, like when he's spazzing out with KQ. and he can do this with some better hands we're not that far behind, like JT that slow played on the flop (we're only 57-43 dog to JT).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 12:16 AM
(#4)
nanonoko
(nanonoko)
Since: Jun 2010
Supernova
i think you should call here, you have massive equity in the case that your behind but you may also be ahead here if he has a hand like onepair + straight draw like kq and decided to just shove it in. if it's close pot odds wise, then it's definitely a call if there's a chance you can be ahead in which i think you do.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com