Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Not My Lucky Day

Old
Not My Lucky Day - Sat Mar 02, 2013, 03:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
With my self imposed exile from the tables at an end, I started fresh. I played a few 9 mans, cashed in two, busted early in one, got smacked by a big suckout on the bubble in the fourth. Oh well, it happens. And so we happily sign up for another one.

And for a change, things start off in the right direction. Pocket jacks the first hand, well, let's not describe it to you, but I'll let you see for yourself.

Perhaps I made a mistake calling his all-in bet, but the odds of him having something worse than my jacks are a lot bigger than the odds of him having a better pair. It's microstakes, there's plenty of people who will shove the first hand with any two after all.

So two hands later, I have pocket Jacks again. Man am I being a card rack or what? Well, not really. the Ace flops and the villain bets into me on the flop and the turn. Better get away while I still can.

And so we sit around patiently until an orbit or two later, I have pocket Kings. Yay me. And for a change, no Ace on the flop....

Sigh. it happens. It's poker. I still have plenty of chips to play with. And so a few hands later I have QT off. I hate the limp in the Cutoff, it's weak, so i decide to steal it. I miss the flop, so a check. Then I bink the turn, and though I'm not one for slowplaying, I doubt there's anything that'll hit the river to scare me, so I check it hoping he will bet.

And we're back up to a decent sized stack. And then a few hands later I find myself with pocket sixes.

So, maybe the call preflop wasn't the best idea. But that river downright sucked the life out of me. It's hard to stay positive when looking back at these results. Pocket Jacks win big and lose small. Pocket Kings get smacked by a straight, and a flopped set gets out-rivered. Definitely not my day I guess. So it's time to retire for the day, better luck tomorrow....

The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com