Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Mar 02, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Hello!

I am a member for quite some time now,but i never deposited,and today i saw your promotion,so i want to be part of it
am i eligible?

Thanks

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 09:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 24u14me,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#3)
Thanks for your answer John.

I will attend Getting Started With Pokerstars and post a hand.

TTYL

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 01:55 PM
(#4)

Ok here is the hand from a tournament a few minutes ago. I called because i was a low-stack and my hand was not that strong. When he raised on the flop,i think the only option was to fold,because if i have called or even re-raised i would risk losing it al probably. My thinking was that its not worth it going after a straight,and that he probably had a pair of queens. Any thoughts?

Last edited by 24u14me; Tue Mar 05, 2013 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Adding more info

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 02:40 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 24u14me!

While we'll be happy to help with a tourney hand, this promotion is ONLY for FULL RING cash games. They have different strategies for play compared to tourneys. Please play the FULL RING play money tables and post a hand where you had problems.
Also, once you earn your first buy-in with this promotion, playing any cash tables other than 1/2 cent FULL RING tables will make you ineligible for any further buy-ins.

The first ? that I'd have here is what type of tourney? regualar tourney strategy differs from satellites which totally differs from league games.

If this is a league game, the one and only goal is to last as long as possible to accumulate more points for the end of the month leaderboard. Due to this, I only want to be playing premium hands, espcecially early in the tourney where if I lose, I will get negative league points. Due to this, in a league tourney, this is an easy muck preflop since I don't want to be involved in a pot with a marginal hand.

If this is a cash tourney, then I can either raise or call behind since I'm in position. If I raise, since a standard raise (3BB+1BB for each limper) is over 1/3 my stack, I'll be forced to shove. The majority of the time I'll call here, but if the table is very passive, then I'd consider shoving.

The flop gives me an open-ended straight, but an opp bets over 1/2 the pot. This is a large enough bet that I'm not getting the correct odds to draw and due to that, I'll fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 05:30 PM
(#6)
This was a league tourney game. I was going by that rule,last as long as you can. But i got frustrated after not geting a decent hand for like 60 hands,and i thought the time is running out,but i played that particular hand ok. I got kicked out the tourney while shoving QQ,and lost to a ****ing A6

I will post another hand if i can,from a full ring game... And i have to say,it sucks that Getting Started is so late (2 AM on my time),but ill attend it

Thanks for your help

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 08:31 AM
(#7)
Ok i've attented the Getting Started and posted a hand,can i now get 8$ for playing?

And i have another hand with which i need help.

I raised all the time and he just called,on the river i was trying to scare him to show him i had an ace,but i guess he was just slow playing,my question is,how can i be aware of that? Thanks

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 01:38 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 24u14me!

There is a process that all members must go thru in order to earn each $2 buy-in.

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 01:45 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 24u14me!

With QT from the BB, there are 3 limps then an abnormal raise to 190 that is then called by another opp. With this much action in front of me and since I'm out of position with a marginal hand, I'm going to muck this here and look for a better spot to get my chips into. Either when I'm in position or when I have a better hand.

If I was in the hand and saw two pair here, this is a very scary situation. Yes, I hit two pair, but the board is very coordinated with straight draws and even a possible already made straight. Due to the large number of opps in the pot, I'd need to make a pot-sized bet of 810 here... BUT... this is well over 1/3 of my stack, so I'd need to shove the flop and hope that I do not get drawn out on. With 4 opps, I can't bet enough to give all of the opps the wrong odds to draw to beat me, which makes for a very bad situation.

Any opp with an A here is going to call, so all that I can hope to do is to make the opp have to call a bet where they expect to lose chips on average when they miss. With 4 opps involved on a board like this, I can't bet enough to do this... so there's no real way to get them to fold, as they get the correct odds to bet in the hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 04:42 PM
(#10)
Hi John!

I've finally passed the quiz with 81%

When do i get my first 2 dollars?

Thanks,

Matija

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 06:18 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 24u14me!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 05:51 PM
(#12)
Hey John!

Sadly,i've lost my 2$ :-(

I've attented the session,and am currently reading about Cash Game,can i get my second 2$'s ?

Matija

Old
Fri Mar 22, 2013, 06:50 PM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 24u14me!

Please do not try to do things out of order... doing so will make this process take much longer.

Please post the hand/hands that you lost the buy-in with so that they can be analyzed for you. This is the next step in the process and must be done before we can continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com