Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

"My bankroll swole and I just can't fold it..."

Old
Cool
"My bankroll swole and I just can't fold it..." - Sat Mar 02, 2013, 06:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
I wanna take advantage of this Pokerstars offer and use it to start building my bankroll swole.

I wanna take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Last edited by EliÁs; Sat Mar 02, 2013 at 06:45 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 09:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi EliÁs,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 02, 2013, 10:00 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thank you!
Now I'm gonna play and then I'll come back with a hand that I was not really sure about.

Old
Not well played or just lack of luck? - Sat Mar 02, 2013, 11:40 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hey guy!
Here's my first hand.
Do you think I played it correctly and what happened was just a lack of luck?
Could I have avoided that somehow?

I kept on betting because I thought I was gonna win for sure and I wanted to get the maximum chips possible out of that guy, but unfortunately he was kinda trapping me.

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 12:55 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi EliÁs!

With AKs (or any other hand that I want to make an opening raise with), I'm going to make a standard open-raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With no limpers, I'll raise to 3BB or 60. I want to keep my raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand.

I flop two overs and a flush draw (but I do NOT have a made hand yet). When the opp checks to me, I'm going to make a standard c-bet of 1/2 pot (56). This way I can start to build a pot and also have a chance to win the pot right now.
The opp now min-raises me. My decision here would be based on my read of the opp. I could either 3-bet them (raise to 3X their amount, 360), or I can call and see the turn. If I know the opp is loose, I'll raise and if the opp is tight, I'll call.

The turn gives me a flush, but it does pair the board. When the opp checks to me, I'd normally make my standard value bet here of 1/2 pot.... however, this would be for the majority of my stack, so I'm going to shove the turn.
I don't want to bet less, as by doing so, I give an opp with 5x the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

When the opp shows Q5s, I'd definitely be making a note that they will play any two suited cards so that I can use that info against them in the future.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Please let me know when you have attended the training session.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 05:28 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hey, guy, what's up?
SO, I have attended the live training "Sunday Special - Sunday GTD MTTs".
Is this what you wanted me to attend?
Or do you want me to do the Poker courses?

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 07:59 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi EliÁs!

The items in this promotion have to be followed specifically. You need to attend the 'Getting Started' live training session. It is the only one that will work for this step.

Once you earn your first buy-in, if you play any other cash table than what's specified, you will be ineligible for any further buy-ins.

Please let me know when you attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 08:11 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hey guy!
I've attended the Getting Started live training session.

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 08:30 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi EliÁs!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 08:40 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I've already passed this quiz.

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 09:20 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant EliÁs!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com