Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom: AKo raise from co, btn 3b me need to 4b and get called - now oop?

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom: AKo raise from co, btn 3b me need to 4b and get called - now oop? - Sat Mar 02, 2013, 11:34 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Sorry on this one I just lost 10 mins of typing clicking the un-do re-do on a typo.

Button flats a 4b? I go for it on the flop on a nut draw.

Mathematically incorrect? I've been on the losing end so many times calling the villain's draw in >>these spots<< do I get this right sometimes in the ball park?

People in live training don't tell GeneralKhan about this hand.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Mar 02, 2013 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: so many tines

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 09:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Forrest,

I think your preflop line is fine in a vacuum. If the villain was a nit this would be a fold preflop, otherwise it's fine.

At the point where you get raised on the flop, getting it the rest of the way in is mathematically correct... you should be able to do this math. You know how much more to put your stack in, and how much the final pot will be. Run your equity vs. QQ+ and you're a dog but with a big overlay. If he can have AxKd and be making a move, you're 50/50 with a big overlay.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com