Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Sun Mar 03, 2013, 05:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi

I would like to join the bankroll builder program

Regards,
Freebu

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 05:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 07:40 AM
(#3)
Sweet!
I allready have a hand i would like some feedback on. I'm quite sure i did the right thing.

I just want to know if it was correct of me to fold here:

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi,

Don't do anything just yet until we are sure you are eligible for this, we will advise later, thanks.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 07:00 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebu View Post
Hi
I would like to join the bankroll builder program
Hi Freebu,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 06:12 AM
(#6)
Sweet!

I have watched the video now and have a good grip on how the hand replayer and that works.

Freebu

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 03:35 AM
(#7)
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#8)
Sweet, i have passed the basic quiz and i'm ready to hit the tables! :P

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 06:13 AM
(#9)
Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-Max 0.01/0.02 NLHE as your training is focused primarily on this game format. If you encounter any difficult situations, post a hand replay here in your thread and we'll analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables.

CannonLee

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#10)
Hi again, first session on the tables is over (still have 97 cents left) I played a 100 hands and saw the flop around 17% Is that too tight or what? Only had a few decent starting hands.

Have a few hands i would like some comments on.

The first one, is actually the first hand at the table, so no reads on any of the players.

i paid the tablefee so i automatic called the big blind, and then the flop gives me top pair with king kicker, so i bet, i should have bet more than just 0,02 right? More like the 0,07c in the pot or?
Anyway the turn is the 9, and i bet a small amount, he calls and the king on the river gives me the top two pair so i bet again.

How would you have played this hand?

Second hand is about how to play the small pairs:

Starting hand is a pair of 7. The flop is two overcards, among them a king, so i fold when an early player bets, i'm thinking he has K,x. Ain't that a correct fold on a small pair with two overcards on the board?

Freebu

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 06:44 AM
(#11)
Hi,

Just a reminder, through out time posting the big blind + small blind to get dealt in will add up I'd suggest waiting for the big blind.

Yes, you should have bet more than 2c, I'd make a sizing of full pot on the flop as it's a draw heavy board to a flush or straight and we can get value from worse Tx or possibly 9x.

On the turn, I'd make a sizing of 2/3 pot for pure value..68, 78, J8, QJ, KJ and flush combos will call Tx might raise aswell 9x.

The river, this is a very tricky spot..facing a check min raise..their line looks convincing..this is a bet/fold situation..even though it's just another 20c to call..we need to think what could they be raising with that has us beat? what do you we beat? If they had a Tx would they raise the flop or turn..possibly.. but we are read less of their tendencies..What range did you put them on?

In late position, if we are to decide that the hand is playable..it should be opened for a 3x raise and this hand is certainly qualifies. It will get the initiative in the pot and we will most likely have position versus the blinds.

This is a fit or fold hand..rarely ever will we feel comfortable betting this hand for value when over cards come..we are looking to spike a set(3 of a kind) or flop some equity to a straight draw and potentially win a monster pot!

Hope this helps.

CannonLee

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 03:11 PM
(#12)
Yes thanks that helps!

As to what i was thinking he had, in the first hand. I definitely wasn't thinking he had a 9x because he just called at the turn instead of reraising. Atleast thats what i would have done to protect my set from a straight or flush on the river.

And yes i should have 3x raised with the pair of 7's.

Again thanks for the answers, i will post more hands when i hit the tables again tomorrow.

Freebu

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 07:07 AM
(#13)
New hand, lets just say i got a bit lucky! :P

I get a pair of aces and 5 bets ,(3bet + 2*callers) and gets called by one player.
The flop is quite good for me, and i bet, he then reraises, and i'm thinking he has some kind of draw or a high pair, probably a high pair since i doubt he would have reraised with a straigth draw. (i allways forget the set...)
The turn is the 5, and since i doubt he is on a draw, because of the reraise, i bet all in and he calls.

So how would you have played that pair of aces. I know you need to be careful not to fall in love with you starting hand preflop. So would you have folded when he reraised after the flop? (A tight table, but he's a relativ new player at the table)

Freebu

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 08:52 AM
(#14)
Hi,

With so many limpers ahead of us..I'd make my pre-flop raise size 12c to 15c (3x the big blind +1bb for each limper)

Yes the flop is perfect for our hand! But is this flop good for the villain in seat 9? On such a low dry flop texture..We need to ask our self, what range of hands are they limp calling my raise with? what range of hands could they have that might hit this flop texture? How much should I bet to extract value from a weaker range of hands? And all of these questions should be based on reads/tendencies of previously played hands versus that villain.

When the villain min raises your continuation bet..we can take two lines, 1.) re-raise them to $1 to $1.20 or 2.) flat call their raise like you did..our hand is strong enough on that board texture to not be afraid of straight draws considering the pre-flop action as the combos of 97 47 57 are a very unlikely range for the villain to be holding.

On the turn we can bet 2/3 to half pot as to not scare of weaker over pairs or the occasional stubborn ace/king high call down.

Nice pot!

Please take the Cash Game Quiz >>click here<< and let me know when you have passed it and we'll advance you to the next stage of your training with a 2nd real money buy-in!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 08:55 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#15)
Thanks for the reply!

I have taken and passed the cash game quiz.

By the way, am i allowed to use the cash that i win, (i started with the 2$ that i got from you, and now i'm on 3$ total, so 1$ in winnings) on micro buy-in tournaments? If not i'm totally okay with it and i will follow this course to the end on the micro tables! :P

Freebu

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#16)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Also, Bonuses may only be used at the $0.01/$0.02 no limit Texas hold'em tables in order to be eligible to receive additional promotional funds.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#17)
Another day, not another win... Lost 2$ and most of it on this hand:

He only did a min raise before the flop, so didn't think he had that good of a hand. But i guess i should have backed out earlier because of my low kicker.
Well, any advice on how i maybe should have played the hand?

Freebu

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 11:54 AM
(#18)
Hi,

This is tough spot, but ultimately we have to go with reads on the villains here. What where your reads?

When you min re-raise the villain pre-flop..was this for value? Has the villain UTG been playing loose or straight forward in previous hands? How active have they truly been?

If I was to re-raise this hand (versus loose villains) I'd make it 16c to go trying to squeeze out the one of the two villains and get the pot heads up as that will increase my hand strength/equity in the pot.

Even though this looks like a nice hand, I'd flat call in hopes to flop a flush draw with a pair of aces, here is why..
Facing an under the gun range (usually a very strong range) there are so many other combos of Ax that have me out kicked A9 AT AJ AQ AK and versus this range I'm a 70/30 underdog.
Let's also take into consideration the pocket pair combos 99 TT JJ QQ KK AA and that I'll be at a positional disadvantage post flop..it's going to be hard for me to be betting this hand for value if I make top pair as there is only a narrow range of worse Ax I have beat (pre-flop/post-flop) taking my kicker into account..on most board textures I will be splitting the pot with a villain that might have A7 A6 A5 A4 A3 A2.

As for bet sizing on the flop on such a relatively dry board texture, I'd elect to bet 1/2 pot for pot control (just in case I am out kicked) and for value to get hero called by a bluff catcher holding a range of pocket pairs, or check and see how the villain reacts..and reassess my situation if I'm going to bet/raise for value on later streets or check/call to control the pot size.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
Kind Regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Tue Mar 12, 2013 at 03:56 PM..

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 01:31 PM
(#19)
Thanks again, it helps a lot!
And yeah i normally play and Axs more tight and fold if i don't hit a flush draw, but this time the villian didn't seem to have a really good hand and i guess i got carried away with the aces :/ Need to focus more! :P

And i allready passed the cash game quiz? Did you mean one of the other quizzes?

Freebu

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 03:58 PM
(#20)
Hi,

Your third Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours! If you encounter any situations that you did not feel to sure of..post a hand replay and I'll gladly analyze it for you!

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com