Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

$11 Sunday Million sat.

Old
$11 Sunday Million sat. - Sun Mar 03, 2013, 02:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Well I must say that, that was without doubt the most disappointing game I have ever played.

The game started at 13:30 ET and in fortynine minutes I was dealt 12 hands the first hand the blinds were 10 20 the second hand the blinds were 50 100 we were frozen for ten minutes.

my final hand number 12 the Blinds were 200 400 ante 50.

we had been frozen out for so long, that I think a number of players gave up and went away.

Some players at my table were sat out after the first freeze and didn't come back before I was eliminated.

I think that I only played three consecutive hands at the same Blind level on only two occasions the rest were played one hand at a time a good few minutes apart and at different blind levels.

I am very, very disappointed with this tournament.

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 02:57 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
agreed really disappointed was looking forward to having a shot at the sunday millions but the blinds were like 200/400 after 5 hands when it hit me in the blinds with my 1500 stack, safe to say i didnt last long after that, definitely asking for a refund!

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 03:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
By the time it was up and running you had about one circuit to try and find a time to shove all in. Was pretty bad.

I was lucky enough to get an AKo and shove over the top of a hand I had dominated, unfortunately the blinds were already so high that several other people decided to also shove after and lucked out against me.

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
I emailed support with a complaint, I'm hoping for a tournament ticket back in compensation. I've gave them enough rake over the years so it will hardly make a dent in their profits.

I ended up calling a shove with 44 hoping for a flip. I was right and I lost. It was more of a lottery than a poker game.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 01:11 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
same here, was dealt 5 hands before 400 BB. finally got dealt QJos with 1000 chips and blinds 300/600 and figured with my BB being next, this was my best case scenario, and shoved, vs playing my ATC BB next hand.

I asked for refund, and got this back from support:

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

PokerStars has recently experienced some technical difficulties
on the site.
However, these issues have been resolved now and normal play has
resumed.

We will be considering refunds for materially affected players.
"Materially
affected" means you missed a considerable number of hands and
lost a
significant portion of your chip stack due to blinds and antes.
If you
believe you were materially affected by this issue, please email
us with the
following subject line:

"REFUND: T#_________, $X+Y, User ID"

Where "________" is the Tournament ID, "X+Y" is the buy-in of the
tournament, and "USERID" is your PokerStars User ID.

For example, "REFUND: T#123456780, $20 + 2, KidJoker"

For multiple tournament refund requests, please note additional
tournaments
in the text of your email. For example:

T#123456780, $20 + 2
T#123456781, $10 + 1,
T#123456782, $50 + 5
etc.

hope this helps speed up your requests, as I'm sure they are dealing with this on a mass basis, and what you have request is there for you guys.

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 04:06 AM
(#6)
Thanks for the info Stakehorse.
Hopefully pstars honour those refunds.

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 07:53 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
[SIZE="5"]Indeed they do, and a huge well done for doing so, IMO, yesterday will be a costly day for Stars, and by them doing this shows a lot of class.[SIZE]

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 10:07 AM
(#8)
I'm honestly stunned.

It's amazing to see the site so dedicated to its customers that they have so hastily resolved my complaint.

So much respect for PokerStars right now.

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 12:28 PM
(#9)
Since: Nov 2012
I got a full refund which didn't take long so well done to poker stars for that, but is it enough the deadline satellite was for me and i'm sure a lot of others a great way to get into the sunday million and to play for over a million $.

So my thoughts as a good will gesture from poker stars why not offer all players a freeroll to play with some good prizes on offer or maybe a free micro millions ticket surely that wont dent the bank and will get all unhappy players happy again.

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 01:06 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Thanks for the info, Stakehorse. I was very disappointed with the tourney, but if funds are being returned at least that's some consolation.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 01:19 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDonkin View Post
I got a full refund which didn't take long so well done to poker stars for that, but is it enough the deadline satellite was for me and i'm sure a lot of others a great way to get into the sunday million and to play for over a million $.

So my thoughts as a good will gesture from poker stars why not offer all players a freeroll to play with some good prizes on offer or maybe a free micro millions ticket surely that wont dent the bank and will get all unhappy players happy again.
Well, if you don't consider getting a refund enough, maybe take a look at the loss they are incurring for this. I'm not sure of the #s that will apply for refunds from the satty, but the tickets that were given away as part of the prizepool from satty would be close to $300,000, as well, to add lets say 1/4 of the entries to the refunds, that's another $140,000, costing Stars $440,000, while the pool that was paid out only had $391,720.

Lets be fair to PS as they are to us about giving us the refunds, lets not start griping about their loss, they're not griping to us about it.

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 01:45 PM
(#12)
Why would they gripe to us whatever happens they make money and lots of it, but as the biggest poker site out there they should want to keep all customers happy and i can honestly say i'm not happy and i imagine other are not either.

And look at the milestone hands this weekend how much have they given away to cash players so i hardly think a 2.20 tournement ticket or a 10k freeroll would be that bad of an idea to the players that entered as a good will gesture its good business.

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
same here, was dealt 5 hands before 400 BB. finally got dealt QJos with 1000 chips and blinds 300/600 and figured with my BB being next, this was my best case scenario, and shoved, vs playing my ATC BB next hand.

I asked for refund, and got this back from support:

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

PokerStars has recently experienced some technical difficulties
on the site.
However, these issues have been resolved now and normal play has
resumed.

We will be considering refunds for materially affected players.
"Materially
affected" means you missed a considerable number of hands and
lost a
significant portion of your chip stack due to blinds and antes.
If you
believe you were materially affected by this issue, please email
us with the
following subject line:

"REFUND: T#_________, $X+Y, User ID"

Where "________" is the Tournament ID, "X+Y" is the buy-in of the
tournament, and "USERID" is your PokerStars User ID.

For example, "REFUND: T#123456780, $20 + 2, KidJoker"

For multiple tournament refund requests, please note additional
tournaments
in the text of your email. For example:

T#123456780, $20 + 2
T#123456781, $10 + 1,
T#123456782, $50 + 5
etc.

hope this helps speed up your requests, as I'm sure they are dealing with this on a mass basis, and what you have request is there for you guys.

Yet another reason to be very disappointed... I don't know what the tournament number was, nor can I find it in any of the lobbies that I can access.

No doubt there will be ways to find it, but to tell the truth I just can't be bothered, Just a total waste of time and money.

I think I will stick to the micro tourneys from now on, I can waste my money there just as easily and have a lot more fun to boot.

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 06:45 PM
(#14)
ID is 709070101

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:50 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2011
it took one minute to e-mail them and i got my money back within two hour

REFUND: T#709070101, $10 + 1, a1379

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com