Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Analyse this please : As Ks

Old
Analyse this please : As Ks - Sun Mar 03, 2013, 09:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
BronzeStar

Should i have foulded after ALL IN?

This is Hubbles NL Hold'em Freeroll tournment and i couldnt find the analyse section, sry

Thank you very much

Cheers

Last edited by Verarlockloy; Sun Mar 03, 2013 at 09:45 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 09:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Verarlockloy!

Is this from a cash table or a tourney and if a toruney, which one. Every game has a bit of a different strategy, so we need this information to get you the best reply possible (and to move the post to the appropriate hand analysis section.

Please let me know and we'll gladly help you with it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 10:45 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
He already answered that question. It is an astrology freeroll game.

First off, the replayer isn't working, at least on my machine. I will tell you that in my opinion, the ace-king hand is far too overvalued. I find it a chip drainer. It looks great as a pre flop hand, but my overall success rate is below 50%, especially when suited.

If I cannot see the flop, and on the cheap, I recommend folding ace-king, suited or not. In a freeroll game, even more so. In the early phase of these astrology freerolls, it seems at least one player goes all-in pre flop every hand. Unless you have pocket aces, kings, or queens, fold.

Once you get past the third round, you'll know which players are the maniacs. Again, ace-king suited is initially a great hand. However, miss the suit and/or have the flop come up with middle cards, (5 - 9), you're hand is worthless. This is why I said the ace-king should be played with caution.

I also know my play of ace-king may cause my poor performance. If memory is accurate, there is a training video on this site about the proper way to play the ace-king. Their recommendations didn't help, but that might be because I'm on the play chip side.

Old
Sun Mar 03, 2013, 11:01 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 09:25 AM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Vera,

With a 28bb stack I would an extremely compelling reason to raise/fold a premium hand, of which AKs qualifies.

Preflop your raise sizing is a bit small over a limper, might tweak that up a little.

When this guy jams I would always call on this stack size unless the guy were a super nit (extremely tight/conservative player). With the only read being "hubble freeroll" I'll assume we are not dealing with a nit.

@Cairn, I did a series on AK called the big slick dilema, but not sure you mean that since it was revolving around deep stack situations mostly, which is obvliously very different from most tourney spots outside of the first couple levels.

Quote:
If I cannot see the flop, and on the cheap, I recommend folding ace-king, suited or not. In a freeroll game, even more so. In the early phase of these astrology freerolls, it seems at least one player goes all-in pre flop every hand. Unless you have pocket aces, kings, or queens, fold.
I don't disagree with this, but here it's not an early stage, it's mid-stage (most stacks range from 11-45bb's). And the fact that it's a freeroll should encourage you to play AK more, not less imo... because peeps will be putting chips in with even wider ranges of hands so AK fairs even better than "normal".

Also structure plays a part... if it's a fast structure, I would gamble early with AK every time... even in an early phase, as that phase quickly erodes in a fast structure. It's important to chip up quickly in those.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 04:03 PM
(#6)
nanonoko
(nanonoko)
Supernova
i would definitely call here, if he's shoving 66 here then he's definitely shoving hands that you dominate like AQ. It would be a big mistake for you to fold especially with the dead chips in play

Last edited by nanonoko; Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 08:57 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com