Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Mar 04, 2013, 12:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi there I'd like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion!

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Devotions,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 04, 2013, 09:38 PM
(#3)
Did I bet too big and represent that I had a good hand or was I just unlucky that my opponent didn't have anything? I feel like I should of got paid off better for AA

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 12:53 AM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Devotions!

With AA (or any other hand that I want to raise with), I'm going to make a standard open-raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With one limper, I'll raise to 4BB or 80.

I see the flop heads-up, in position, and when the opp checks to me, I'm going to make a 1/2 pot value bet (115 chips).

There is a reason that I don't want to bet less in this type of spot. On the flop, there is a possible straight draw, flush draw and even a combination draw. If I bet less and the opp has one of these, then they will be getting the correct odds to try to outdraw me, which is something that I do not want to do. When I have the best hand, I want the opp to have to call a bet where they will expect to lose chips on average, not to bet too small and have them gain chips on average.

Sometimes I'll just take the pot down right then, but that's better than giving the opp odds to beat me and losing an even larger pot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. Please let me know when you have attended the training session (or let me know if the times don't work for you and I'll provide an alternative).

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 08:44 PM
(#5)
Hey John, I recently attended the 3 lessons that were scheduled for me! There were Getting started, bet sizing, and cash basics. Done them with Dave

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 10:49 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Devotions!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:04 PM
(#7)
Thank you very much! I got poker basics passed looking forward to playing on real money rings!

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:51 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Devotions!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 03:42 PM
(#9)
Attended the live session and received my buy-in!

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 09:30 PM
(#10)
But i've now lost my 2$ ;(

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 10:49 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Devotions!

Please post here a hand that you had problems with or lost it with. This is required before we can go to the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 11:09 PM
(#12)

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 02:47 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotions View Post
Hi Devotions

I'm curious what your read on the deep stacked V8 was. Had you seen him raise-fold earlier or did you feel you were 3-betting for value?

10Jo isn't strong enough to 3-bet with, especially when you are going to be out of position. The villain is raising a from midposition with an ep limper already in the hand. V8 most likely has a decent pocket pair, two broadway cards or A10+ range. A read would help us adjust this. Your 10Jo runs the risk of getting dominated by a better kicker if you flop a pair. Moreover, even if you do flop a pair, overcards will often come meaning you don't have top pair. The only good flop for you would be QKx or 98x giving you an open ended straight draw. This won't happen too often. Therefore, you are not 3-betting for value. 3-betting as you did turns your hand into a bluff. Unless you have a good reason to expect the villain to fold, you are simply building a pot that you have low expectations of winning. This costs you money.

I strongly suggest just folding preflop. Note however, if you had been holding 10Js, then calling might be ok. You could play the hand as a speculative hand. Now you would have a straight and flush possibilities. Since V8 is deep stacked, this could be a player you could win a big pot from if he overplays top pair while you have a straight for example. With speculative hands, you want to see the flop cheaply. On the flop, it becomes a fit or fold situation. If you get a strong draw, keep playing. If you miss, just check-fold.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 10:30 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Devotions!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com