Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Mar 05, 2013, 08:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
HI,

I want to participate in the Bankroll Builder Promotion. Am I eligible?

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 06:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menthor747 View Post
HI,
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 05, 2013, 07:16 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
HI,

Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 02:01 AM
(#4)
I have watched the video. What's next?

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 07:24 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have watched the video. What's next?
Brilliant, now that you have watched the video you now know how to save hand histories from both real and play money games

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#6)

I was wondering if i should have bluffed till the end. should I have shoved all in?

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:08 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I was wondering if i should have bluffed till the end. should I have shoved all in?
Thanks for posting this hands for review. I have asked one of the hand analysers to take a look at them for you and offer some feedback.

He should do this later today and once he does we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 10:49 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Menthor747!

With 95o, I'm going to muck this preflop. Even with position, there are already 3 and possibly 4 opps in the hand and with this many players in, my hand will definitely not be the best one.

When playing the smaller buy-ins (or play money), there are a very large number of opps that want to play every single hand, regardless. When playing against this type of player, what I want to do is to play only stronger hands and to value bet them when I get a made hand and NOT to bluff. The purpose of a bluff is to try to get a hand that is better than mine to fold, but if the opps are going to just call and call and call, all that I will accomplish by bluffing is to give away the chips that I worked hard to accumulate.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 06:24 PM
(#9)
that's great info, thanks

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
that's great info, thanks
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 11:36 AM
(#11)
I have already finished all the courses and passed each quiz.

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 07:33 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have already finished all the courses and passed each quiz.
You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

For beginners it's not advised to play short handed tables, so if 2/3 seats become empty it's a good idea to stand up also. As you become better at ranging opponents and playing an aggressive game you will feel more comfortable playing short handed tables but for now try to stick to the full ones.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 03:39 PM
(#13)

was it good that i folded or was this hand worth pursuing?

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#14)

and

Theese 2 hands destroyed my bankroll Did i play them wrong? Or was i just unlucky?

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 07:50 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Theese 2 hands destroyed my bankroll Did i play them wrong? Or was i just unlucky?
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 03:28 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

was it good that i folded or was this hand worth pursuing?
Hi Menthor747

Playing pairs is dependent on your read and relative positions. Since you didn't mention a read, I will assume you didn't have one. Thus, we have to assume the villain has what he is representing. The villain raised from early positon. Normally, this means they have a strong hand, either two overcards or a pocket pair, usually 88+. You are in good position and will have a positional advantage post flop.

Let's look at your options. You could reraise. This looks very strong and will often get the villain to fold. If you get called or reraised you will have a tough time post flop. Reraising is good if you think the villain can/will fold most of the time. 99 seems a bit low to take this option since you are behind most of his assumed range.

You can call. Again, post flop is going to be tough. Most likely overcards will come on the flop. You will only flop a set 1 out of 8 times. Thus, you will often put money in the pot preflop only to fold on the flop. If there were more callers already in the hand, then calling would be good. You would have good implied odds to double up if you flop a set.

Finally, folding is always a good option when the situation is unclear.

All three options are viable, here. But, again, anytime you are in an unclear spot, folding is safe choice. With more experience playing post flop you will be able to call or sometimes reraise here.

I hope this helped

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 03:46 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

and

Hi again Menthor747

Please try to play on tables where with 9 players actually seated. It will make it easier for you. You can adjust the filter in the Holdem Lobby to only show tables with 8 players. That's what I do

First hand 44: As a good general rule, no matter what your cards or position, any time you are the first to enter a pot, do so with a raise. Limping in as you did will cost you money in the long run. If you raise, you always have a chance of winning the pot because everyone folds. Aslo, if you limp in with weaker hands, and raise with stronger hands, players will quickly pick up on this and take advantage of you. Raise the same regardless of your cards.

I suggest simply folding to the raise. Low and medium Pocket pairs are speculative hands. You are hoping to flop a set. 7 out of 8 times you won't and will usually have to fold, but when you do flop a set, you will often win a big pot.

With speculative hands you want several criteria in place. See the flop cheaply. Several opponents already in the hand. Decent position. And, finally deep stacks.

As played, you are more or less committed on the flop due to your short stack. So, getting all in and hoping for the best is fine.

The main issue is that you should have folded preflop.

Second hand JJ: There are two points worth noting here. Firstly, a standard raise size would be 3x plus 1x for each limper. So, make it 8 cents preflop rather than 6.

Secondly, JJ is a strong hand, but when you get 3-bet, you need to fold unless you have a specific read on the villain. Calling with JJ or even QQ is dangerous, because any K or A on the flop is going to be scary. Learning to fold even strong hands like JJ to 3 bets is an important lesson (that many never learn).

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 06:06 PM
(#18)
Thanks Roland GTX. It's sometimes so hard for me to fold a pair... especially Ts and up.

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 07:10 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks Roland GTX. It's sometimes so hard for me to fold a pair... especially Ts and up.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 2 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
2) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 2 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 01:35 PM
(#20)
Reasons why a player may want to make a big bet:
- to put pressure on opponents
- to bluff
- to gain value from very strong hands
- to protect his hand against strong draws

I have also passed the quiz.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com