Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

16NL 6-Max QQ OOP Bad Play?

Old
16NL 6-Max QQ OOP Bad Play? - Wed Mar 06, 2013, 02:46 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
V5: 42/22, AF:1.3 over 75 hands.

V6: 19/15, AF:2.7 over 653 hands. Total 3bet:6.9%. MP 3bet: 13%(8), CO 3bet: 4%(25), BTN 3bet: 2%(58)

Think that when V6 3bets from MP, he's having a strong range, even though V5 is loose. Since he's tight and doesn't 3bet much In-Position, his range can consist of QQ+, AKs, maybe AKo. Him 3betting JJ to isolate V5 might be optimistic. One of the rare times I decided to flat QQ OOP to see a Flop.

We flop an overpair. I decided to lead out for protection as it seems unlikely V6 will cbet if he had AK. Also for value from any mid PPs from V5.

We get raised, on the spot I thought he's just making a move on me- rainbow board, no obvious draw. Doesn't make sense for AA to raise. KK seems more likely for protection. Raising with AK as bluff- too optimistic?? I had no plan what to do after flatting.

Upon review, I think it's a terrible call as we're only beating JJ. In bad shape against AA, KK, TT.

Turn he goes all-in. Also the K fell. Fold although it's <1/2 pot??

So was my line of flatting OOP and leading the Flop ok? Clear fold when he raises us??

Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 02:54 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Awesome

I think calling preflop is the best play. I think once you get raised by the three-better you can just fold. What range do you think he raises your flop lead with?

Either way let's skip to the turn. There is no decision here!

Our opponent has taken numerous actions that indicate a strong hand

1) he three-bet an UTG open
2) he three-bet in MP
3) he raised a flop lead from a cold caller in a multiway three-bet pot
4) he was not discouraged by all the strength you showed and moved all in on the turn

We have 2 outs versus better 1 pairs than ours or TT. I think he is almost never bluffing here, especially compared to how often he is value shoving a strong hand. If he got there with AK he got there. Either way we're crushed. Easy turn check-fold.

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 12:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks Gareth, I folded the Turn. Bad station-calling when he raised the Flop

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com