Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Mar 06, 2013, 08:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Last edited by winningwayz1; Thu Mar 07, 2013 at 04:18 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi winningwayz1,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>CLICK<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion, so bookmark this thread and check it later.

If you're eligible, you will need to join a 'Getting Started' live training session, which you should find listed at http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/live-training

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 11:29 PM
(#3)
Hi

Why haven't I found out if I can start the promotion yet?

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 06:41 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winningwayz1 View Post
Hi
Why haven't I found out if I can start the promotion yet?
Hi winningwayz1,

Your application is still pending approval. I will let you know as soon as I have more info.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 06:33 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I would like to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder hand history - Tue Mar 12, 2013, 06:22 AM
(#6)

Won the pot but felt a bit uneasy at the start with nothing

Last edited by winningwayz1; Tue Mar 12, 2013 at 06:28 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Won the pot but felt a bit uneasy at the start with nothing
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Poker Basics Quiz - Tue Mar 12, 2013, 06:33 AM
(#8)
Ok I have done those 3 things.Would love to know what I could do better with the hand I posted, I won but I think I was lucky??

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi winningwayz1!

The first tip that I'd recommend is that when you sit down at a ring table is to wait for the BB. Paying extra BB's will be a very large drain to your bankroll over time.

With J5s, while I'd like to fold, since I'm already in the pot by posting, I'll check and hope to see the flop for free. If anyone raises, I'm definitely mucking.

I flop both a flush and a gutshot straight draw. When it's checked to me, I'm going to check here. I don't want to make a larger bet because of two things. First, even if I hit my draws, I won't have the nuts. Secondly, if all the opps muck except one or 2 here, by betting this large, I'm giving myself the WRONG odds to try to draw. It means that I will expect to lose chips on average by making this bet, instead of gaining chips. I want to be putting my chips into pots where I expect to win chips.

The turn gives me the flush and when the opp checks to me, I'll make a 1/2 pot value bet (1150). When I get raised, I'm going to call.

The river is another diamond and when the opp checks to me, I'm going to check behind and go to showdown. My hand does have showdown value (2nd nuts) but I don't want the opp to have an opportunity to check/raise me (where I'd have to fold).

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 05:44 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Ok I have done those 3 things.Would love to know what I could do better with the hand I posted, I won but I think I was lucky??
Please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

Let me know when you have passed it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 06:56 AM
(#11)
Hi
I have passed the Poker Basics Course.

cheers

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 06:57 AM
(#12)
Thanks, yes this does help, I understand this, that's great.

Thanks very much.

Old
Sat Mar 16, 2013, 06:49 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi
I have passed the Poker Basics Course.
cheers
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Replayed hand on cash table for analyzing - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 05:26 AM
(#14)

I'm not sure, but I think I should of called before the flop instead of raising, but the villan had been a bit gun hoe for a few hands before that ( which was proved in the end) so I thought this was an alright move. What do you think?

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 05:31 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I'm not sure, but I think I should of called before the flop instead of raising, but the villan had been a bit gun hoe for a few hands before that ( which was proved in the end) so I thought this was an alright move. What do you think?
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Also let me know as soon as you passed the Cash Game course.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
3 reasons to big bet - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 05:31 AM
(#16)
3 reasons why a player would want to Big bet

• to gain value from very strong hands
  • to put a lot of pressure on opponents
  • to protect against strong draws

Old
I have passed the Cash game quiz - Tue Mar 19, 2013, 06:51 AM
(#17)
I have done all three things now. I'll just wait for your instruction on what to do next.

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 05:39 PM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

Hi winningwayz1

Nice pot

Raising the late position limper can be fine. However, you need to ask yourself what you are hoping to acomplish by raising. Do you expect the villain to fold? Or do you expect him to call? Even though you are likely ahead preflop, small pairs like 55 are hard to play post flop the 7 out of 8 times that you don't flop a set. So, whether it is best to call or raise preflop is read dependent in this spot.

More important is your bet sizing throughout the hand. Preflop the standard would be 3bbs plus 1bb for each limper. So 8 cents rather than 10. Betting large is unneccessary and often gets you value owned. This is even more significant on the flop.

You flop a set which is great. Now you want to get as much money from the villain as possible. I would suggest betting half the pot. You bet more than the pot. Normally all hands you are beating will fold, even overpairs. This means you don't win as much as you could have. Moreover, the only hands that normally do call are the few hands that are beating you, such as a better set. This means that you normally either lose a big pot or win a small one. This is the opposite of what we want to do.

Thankfully your read was good and the villain went crazy overplaying his J2! You got a great result here, but good bet sizing will help you get good results consistantly in the long run.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have done all three things now. I'll just wait for your instruction on what to do next.
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you will receive your second bonus later today!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your second buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your 3rd Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

If you should lose your second buy-in at the tables do not despair, simply post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread using the hand replayer. Once you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step but hopefully this won't happen to you.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 07:36 AM
(#20)
Excellent!

Thanks for that. I am really enjoying learning more about poker and playing the cash tables are very different to the play money tables (you don't generally get players going all in before the flop).

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com