Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Mar 06, 2013, 09:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Ahoy,

I've just signed up to PokerschoolOnline and i want to know if i am eligible for this promotion ? Can anyone help ?

Best Regards,
DoodleJosh

Old
Wed Mar 06, 2013, 11:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 03:31 AM
(#3)
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 04:41 AM
(#4)
Great, Thanks

I check the live training schedule is 15:00 ET. My time zone is GMT +7 so it's tough time to attend the live training , Any alternate way for this ?

DoodleJosh

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 04:56 AM
(#5)
Hi,

There certainly is an alternative!

Please watch the following video and let us know as soon as you have watched it.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 10:00 AM
(#6)
Hi,

I just watched the video

I play NL Hold'em play money and got beaten with this hand, Any advice ?

Regards,
DoodleJosh

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 05:25 AM
(#7)
Hi,

Depending on our reads for the villain in early position..if they are loose, this hand is a easy iso-reraise(isolate that villain with a raise all in' to protect your equity in the pot by getting other players to fold as we do not want to be playing a multi way pot after investing half of our stack). Keep in mind this line is not "default" and should only be used in certain dynamics preferably in late position (real money) and it's not often we will see a villain open raising 50x (fifty times the big blind)

As for post flop, it is tough to try and extract value without any reads on the villains..let alone not having a made hand..I think just checking it down is optimal here..as the side pot that has been developed is not worth the risk..save bet's for another hand.

Hope this helps.

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

CannonLee

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 05:43 AM
(#8)
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, it's really help and informative Next time i'll play more carefully.

Now, will spend time to study the basic

Best Regards,
DoodleJosh

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 06:07 AM
(#9)
Anytime time!

Let me know when you have passed the Basic Assessment Quiz!

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 05:46 AM
(#10)
Hi,

I just passed the Poker Basic quiz. Sorry for delay, i'm busy for last several days.

Now, what the next step, sir ?

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 06:21 AM
(#11)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!
Kind Regards,
CannonLee

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 07:08 AM
(#12)
Understood, Thanks

Will work hard for the tasks But will take some times for it, because i'm busy this week prolly.

Regards,
DoodleJosh

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 10:16 PM
(#13)
Hi,

I just read the cash game courses and passed the quiz

And i answered the question on the video :
Question : List 3 reason why a player may want to make a big bet ?
Answer :
1. To gain value from very strong hand, it helps a player to maximise the return from the winning hands if a player got a strongest hand.

2. To bluff people off decent hands.

3. To protect again strong draws, if a player afraid his/her hand is vulnerable to draws. It forces opponent to pay more to hit a draw.

I played 1/2 NLHE and i curious about this hand :

I'm in Small Blind with KJ offsuit, all players in front of me is folded. I just call the BB, and he's checking. The flop is Jc Kh Jh make my hand a Full House. I bet $0.10 and the BB re-raise to $0.20. I re-raise again to $0.60, and he re-raise again to $2.21 force me to push All-in. I just call with remaining $1.84. The turn come Ts and river is 4d. He mucked his hand and i win the $3.59 pot. I'm win the hand but still curious about how to play the hand and need advice

I think i just completed all of 3 tasks. What must i do now ?

Kind Regards,
DoodleJosh

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 11:56 AM
(#14)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Hand analysis

What where your reads on the villain?
When it gets folded around to us, blind versus blind I'd raise it to 6c, this hand plays relatively well in a heads up situation.

On the flop, we flop what appears to be the 2nd nut full house. Versus a big blind that check their option, it would be safe to check to the villain and extract value that way by allowing them to semi-bluff to the flush/straight or value own them self with Kx. I really wouldn't want to re-raise the villain with such a strong hand, as there is a strong possibility that we could fold out all of their range. Very nice hand and nice pot! By the way, what hand did this villain showdown with?

Kind Regards,
CannonLee

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 09:24 AM
(#15)
Hi,

Thanks for the advice Uh sorry, where i can see my VPPs ?
It's same with FPPs ? (i'm still not understand about this)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post

Hand analysis

What where your reads on the villain?
When it gets folded around to us, blind versus blind I'd raise it to 6c, this hand plays relatively well in a heads up situation.

On the flop, we flop what appears to be the 2nd nut full house. Versus a big blind that check their option, it would be safe to check to the villain and extract value that way by allowing them to semi-bluff to the flush/straight or value own them self with Kx. I really wouldn't want to re-raise the villain with such a strong hand, as there is a strong possibility that we could fold out all of their range. Very nice hand and nice pot! By the way, what hand did this villain showdown with?
As long as i sit in the table (around 30 minutes), this villain is a loose-aggresive player, so i'm just check (i know, every time someone bet, he always re-raise with huge bet ) And i think that time my KJ offsuit isn't good enough if he's gonna bet/re-raise my hand.

And the weird thing is, when i'm All-In, his cards still at face-down position, so i can't see his cards (It's that possible ?? ). Until the river, he's mucked his hand and his cards are still mystery for me.

Kind Regards,
DoodleJosh

Old
Fri Mar 15, 2013, 11:12 PM
(#16)
Hi,

To view your VPP status, please follow these steps.

1.) Click the "Cashier tab" located at the top left hand corner of the PokerStar main lobby and a drop down menu will appear.

2.) Click "VIP Status"

and you will be able to see the VPPs you have accrued for the current month, year and life time.

To view your opponents whole cards when all in at a ring game, please follow these steps.

1.) Click the "Options tab" located at the top of the PokerStars main lobby and a drop down menu will appear.

2.) Click "Show/Mucking hands" and select [Show Hole Cards When All In (Ring Games)

Hope this helps!

By the way, nice reads on your opponent. It's always good to be aware of your opponents tendencies!

Kind Regards,
CannonLee

Old
Wed Mar 20, 2013, 06:11 AM
(#17)
Hi,

Thanks for the help before
Btw, i have 10+ FPPs now, what should i do ?

Regards,
DoodleJosh

Old
Thu Mar 21, 2013, 01:20 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleJosh View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the help before
Btw, i have 10+ FPPs now, what should i do ?

Regards,
DoodleJosh

Hi,

10VPPs that are accumulated with only the 2nd Bank Roll Builder will count towards your next buy-in. Any VPPs earned prior to your 2nd buy-in do not count. Please let me know when you have attained 10VPPs with just the 2nd buy-in.

Also keep in mind that there is 3 ways you can qualify for your next buy-in

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com