Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Wed Mar 06, 2013, 08:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hellooo. I want to build a bankroll, and so I would like to participate in this bankroll builder promotion! I would like to know if I am eligible?

Last edited by SteadyNerves; Wed Mar 06, 2013 at 09:00 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 02:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 08:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyNerves View Post
Hellooo. I want to build a bankroll, and so I would like to participate in this bankroll builder promotion! I would like to know if I am eligible?
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#4)
Thank You!

I have watched the whole video you have linked me, and bookmarked this page.

I believe I am ready for Step 2!

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 05:13 AM
(#5)
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 05:58 PM
(#6)
I have successfully studied and passed the Poker Basics course with 100%! I believe I am ready for the next step 3!

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 05:32 AM
(#7)
Hi,

When it comes to the Basic Assessment Quiz that you have did the other day, please contact support@pokerschoolonline.com to follow up your completion of it. Please let me know when you have received an answer..

CannonLee

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 07:43 AM
(#8)
Hi,

Please >>click here<< to take the Basic Assessment Quiz!
When you have finished it please let me know and we'll advance you to the next stage!

CannonLee

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 07:14 PM
(#9)
Hello,

I have completed the Basics quiz and have received an answer from support@pokerschoolonline.com

Old
Sun Mar 17, 2013, 08:11 AM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Mar 19, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyNerves View Post
Hello,
I have completed the Basics quiz and have received an answer from support@pokerschoolonline.com
Hello,

You have not yet passed the Poker Basics quiz, again, please click on the following link and have a go at passing the quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have passed it.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...iz?isAutoStart

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 06:29 PM
(#12)
Hello! I have now finally passed the Poker Basics quiz.

I am now ready to move on.

Old
Sat Mar 23, 2013, 07:44 PM
(#13)
Hi,

Your first buy-in has been awarded!
How are the real money games going for your? Have you encountered any difficult situations? If so please post a hand replay and I'll analyze it for you awsell advance you to the next stage of your training!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Hand Replayer Feedback - Sun Mar 24, 2013, 12:54 AM
(#14)
The real money games are going well for me! I eventually played well and got to double up But there was one hand I won that I was not so sure if I played right...

So I pick up Jacks on the button and make a small raise to two times the smallb. I did this because I did not want to eliminate a lot of players from the pot with a bigger bet, but instead get a little more money in by raising double the sb and keeping a decent amount of players in the pot.

I end up hitting my set on the flop. The board was dry, so I knew I had the best hand right now. The player in front of me checked, and I checked as well. I only did this to make the other player think I made a cheap raise preflop, and I didn't hit the flop. I thought this would probably make the player bet the turn and then I could trap or simply slowplay call.

He ended up checking the turn. It was a 6h, I bet out a small 2 cents this time to see how he would react and slowly get the max out of him. I didn't wan't to let this hand go without getting max efficiency out of it, so I thought 2 cents was okay without him folding.

The river was kind of a blank. Unless he hit a backdoor straight on me. I still only bet out 2 cents anyways for value. I thought he would make a cheap call if he hit a low pair. He did end up only having 6 pair, and I took down a 23 cent pot haha.

Do you have any advice for my play here?

Last edited by SteadyNerves; Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Necessary information needed.

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 09:52 AM
(#15)
I have also now lost all of my bonus buy in! I have no more money.

Old
Sun Mar 24, 2013, 08:56 PM
(#16)
Hi,

JJ
This a hand worthy of building a pot with pre-flop and to make things event sweeter we are on the button with positional advantage, I'd make a raise size of 3x the bb + 1bb for each limper.

Post flop, having the initiative in the pot..we could elect to check back the flop to induce turn>river bluffs from the villain.. Although I'd much rather prefer to continuation bet the flop and build the pot for my 2/3 to 3/4 pot sized bets on later streets..we have an extremely strong hand

Please post a hand replay of the hand that lost your 2nd buy-in and we'll advance you to the next stage

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#17)
Wow! Thanks for the great information and tips! Heres the hand where I doubled up...

Heres the hand where I busted...

I geuss it was simply a really bad choice for me to shove KJo!

Last edited by SteadyNerves; Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 04:35 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 25, 2013, 10:40 PM
(#18)
Hi,

QQ
I'd elect to re-raise 18c to 24c as I do not want to generate to much fold equity by making a sizing to big! We are holding a premium hand and we want to make the most of this situation by keeping a weaker range of hands in the pot! What where your reason for raising all in?

KJ
This from UTG short handed is safe to open for a raise, but when 2 villains ahead of us re-open the action it would be safe to fold as if we flat call there will not be much room for our stack depth to maneuver post flop and we aren't really ahead of a solid 3 or 4bet range.

On a side note regarding your Bank Roll Builder training, playing anything other than 2NL Full Ring NLHE from here on out will make you ineligible for any further buy-ins!

Study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 2 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1.)Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
2.)Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 2 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Mar 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 31, 2013, 12:50 PM
(#19)
Hello!

Thank you for the valuable information on the hand I doubled up with and the hand I busted with. For the hand I doubled up with, I had moved all in because seeing as the player before me raised 3x the bb, luckily having the premium hand I had, I thought this would be a good pot to shove since they would probably believe they have a decent hand to call with and be committed to the pot.

I have finally successfully passed the Cash Game quiz, and posted a hand I was curios about!

Now for the last task, questions on the bet sizing video:

"List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?"

1. To bluff people off their hand

2. To gain a lot of value with their very strong hand

3. To put a good amount of pressure onto there opponents!

I have now completed all three tasks, and believe I am ready to move onto the next step!

Last edited by SteadyNerves; Sun Mar 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM..

Old
Mon Apr 01, 2013, 03:24 AM
(#20)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com