Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder of Didlesdi

Old
Bankroll Builder of Didlesdi - Thu Mar 07, 2013, 05:21 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Hi !

I am starting the courses to build my first bankroll on Pokerstar. Am I eligible for this promotion ?

Thank you for your help !

Didlesdi

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 05:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 08:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didlesdi View Post
I am starting the courses to build my first bankroll on Pokerstar. Am I eligible for this promotion ?
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 09:39 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Thanks for the video !

I have seen it. What's next ?

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:11 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for the video !
I have seen it. What's next ?
Brilliant, now that you have watched the video you now know how to save hand histories from both real and play money games

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 10:21 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2014, 05:54 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 24, 2014, 02:32 PM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi,

I think you fell into the trap of over-valuing your hand here.

Preflop I think raising is fine, and you chose a good size to raise to bearing in mind the limper and the poster that had already come in. If you just chose to check, that would also be fine.

A tip for when you play the real money tables though - never post your blinds voluntarily, always wait for the Big Blind to come round to you.

Now on this flop you might feel that you likely have the best hand, however when you're against three opponents, one of them is much more likely to have an Ace than you might initially think. People tend to call with way more Ax hands than say Kx or Qx hands, so I'd proceed with great caution here.

I would probably just give on the flop and try not put any more money in, but betting the flop is not a bad option, getting rid of many non-Ax hands that can outdraw you. However if anybody calls, you should just give up unless you spike an 8 and even then, play with some caution as better full houses are possible.

The river is a clear fold. There is a zero percent chance that you have the best hand here, especially with the other player still to act.

Generally at the micro stakes when people start betting or raising the river, they nearly always have a very strong hand.

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 05:04 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please pass the Poker Basics Quiz, you'll find it will this link:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ssessment-Quiz

As soon as you pass the quiz we will award you with your 1st bonus.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 01:50 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Thank you for your messages and the bonus.

I'll play full ring nlh 0.01/0.02$... What's the next step ?

Didlesdi,

Old
Tue Feb 25, 2014, 05:55 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you for your messages and the bonus.

I'll play full ring nlh 0.01/0.02$... What's the next step ?

Brilliant!

You've passed the basic test and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

The Poker Basics test was easy right? Well, there's a lot more to learn on the road to becoming a profitable poker player.

Now study the Cash Game course and once you think you have it mastered have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Feb 28, 2014, 02:24 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Could you please analyse this hand ?

Is there a way to earn more money with this hand ?

Thanks !

Best regards,

Didlesdi

Old
Fri Feb 28, 2014, 05:53 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 01, 2014, 07:39 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Hello,

I have already passed the cash game quizz !

Best regards,

Didlesdi

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 06:14 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

I have already passed the cash game quizz !

Best regards,

Didlesdi

Great Job!

You passed the Cash Game Quiz and know you've shown that you have a great understanding of the fundementals of playing poker. We have now credited your account with your 2nd bonus.

Step Three

Please play a 1/2 cent Real Money table at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

NB: You must post a Cash Game hand only, tournament hands do not count for this promotion. You must use the Hand Replayer only to post your hand, we cannot accept hands posted in any other way.

Once you post your hand one of our Trainers will analyze it for you so please post and intersestig hand where you have questions. Give as much information about the hand as possible, for example, had you any reads on your opponents?

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 06:44 AM
(#16)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

As played everything was played fine. I like that you checked back the flop, this will allow either of the two villains to take a stab at the turn or river. I wouldn't be to concerned about a flush draw being present as that will account for such a small portion of a players range. If we want to get more value in this hand, I would have made the standard bet sizing on the river of 2/3 to 3/4 pot size, this will help to ensure value is made, betting anything less than this on these stack depths just wont have any merit... prime exampe being that the villain bet the turn which is indicative of a draw our a hand that they are willing to get to showdown with.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sun Mar 02, 2014, 12:14 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar

Here's a hand. I had no reads on this opponent. I played very tight before this hand. Maybe I should not play the continuous bet on the flop here ?

Thanks for your help !

Didlesdi,

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 10:07 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Here's a new hand... What should I do to avoid this ?

Thanks !

Old
Mon Mar 03, 2014, 10:27 AM
(#19)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on this stack depth we can certainly consider 3betting pre-flop for pure value, we have blockers to some of the combos for AA and KK, given our tight image we will get alot of respect if villain6 has been observant.

Post flop, we have the intiative in the pot plus we have position, a continuation bet has a lot of merit in this situation as the majority of a common flat 3bet range will consist of broadway holdings and pocket pairs 99+. Contiuation betting 2/3 to 3/4 pot size will induce a lot of folds, but if we get called I'd proceed to check down all the way to river for a showdown and fold to any bets.

Hand Analysis

A good rule of thumb when electing to bet for value is to make the standard sizing of 2/3 to 3/4 pot size, this will help to ensure a pot is built and it will get value from worse holdings... betting anything less than this amount may correctly price in inferior holdings to try and peel on a marginal draw or improve to three of kind/ two pairs. Keep in mind that pocket aces is the best starting hand pre-flop and just considered to be a pair post flop, with all of the possible combinations that one of the villains may have on this board texture... our pair just doesn't look to appealing especially with no blockers to the back door diamonds. There are 16 combos of all these holdings, AJ KJ K8 K4 T9 etc.. that is a lot of hands that have us beat and we haven't even began to factor in the diamond combos. As played, given our pot odds and the amount the villains have invested, we have to call... if the stack depths were much bigger I'd bet>fold to save chips.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Mar 04, 2014, 01:11 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Thank you for these analysis !

What's next for the bankroll builder program ?

I tried the zoom tables. What is your opinion about these tables ?
I think I played the cards only because I can't get information on players. There is no table dynamics because the players are always different.

Thanks for your help !

Didlesdi

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com