Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Poker Career

Old
Poker Career - Thu Mar 07, 2013, 06:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
hello
my name is bora and i like to start banc roll buildig

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliVUK AAA View Post
hello
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
time - Thu Mar 07, 2013, 06:30 AM
(#3)
does this promotion has time limit

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 06:32 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
does this promotion has time limit
No, there's no time limit.

Check back tomorrow to see if your account is eligible for this promotion.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 08:51 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hello
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
video - Sat Mar 09, 2013, 04:56 AM
(#6)
i watch the video

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 06:10 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i watch the video
Brilliant, now that you have watched the video you now know how to save hand histories from both real and play money games

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
A9 all in - Sat Mar 09, 2013, 12:26 PM
(#8)

Last edited by maliVUK AAA; Sat Mar 09, 2013 at 12:34 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 06:35 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Bora,

Let's just post one hand at a time for review

I have asked one of the hand analysers to take a look at this for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#10)
ok thak you

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 02:14 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi maliVUK AAA

Was this hand from a cash game or a tourney? The blinds are high and the stacks are deep. If it is a tourney, I remind you that for this promotion, you need to stick to full ring cash games with the real money.

A9o: You have a good stack, but here you are utg. A9o just isnt strong enough to open with. You will lose money playing this from early position in the long run. You have to ask yourself "What am I hoping to flop?". Your cards are not connected, so you won't be drawing to a straight. They are unsuited, so you won't be drawing to a flush. If you flop an A and get action from an opponent, you will often lose because of your low kicker. If you flop a 9, there will far too often come overcards on one of the streets. All of these situations make playing A9o very difficult postflop. I strongly suggest folding. Personly, I would like to have AQs or 88+ before opening utg.

Also, note your bet size. If you are going to raise, I suggest making it 3x. Min-raising often results in a string of callers. Your hand will play best against a single opponent. Raise more, you might win the pot preflop, or at least thin out the number of opponents.

As played, I would have called on the turn. This will keep all the villains in the hand improving your implied odds if you hit on the river. Moreover, min-raising does not accomplish anything good for you here. It is not big enough to get people who have a made hand to fold. And, your hand is currently to weak to be building the pot. Keep the pot under control and hope to improve on the river.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 02:55 PM
(#12)
Brilliant, now that you have watched the video you now know how to save hand histories from both real and play money games

Next Step

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Read more: Poker Career - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...LCSB3Brilliant, now that you have watched the video you now know how to save hand histories from both real and play money games

Next Step

Read more: Poker Career - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2NATLCSB3

i have read that play mony replays counts
should i post another hand

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 02:39 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi agian maliVUK AAA

Play money is correct. My question was is this hand from a tournament or a play money Cash Table?

Have a nice day!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 05:36 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i have read that play mony replays counts
should i post another hand
Next Step

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#15)
I passed the test

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 07:21 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I passed the test
Brilliant!

You'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Expected - Tue Mar 12, 2013, 05:48 PM
(#17)
1)

2)a)to put a lot pressure on my opponents
b)to gain value
c)to protect from draws
3)test will bi successfully resolved in a few days

stay well

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
1)

3)test will bi successfully resolved in a few days
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at this for you. He will do this within the next 24 hours.

In the meantime please let me know when you pass the quiz.

Cheers.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 09:18 AM
(#19)
ok
thank you

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
(#20)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi maliVUK, I'll take a look at this Q9s hand for you.

This is a hand that plays pretty well in position, especially when you and your opponent are deep stacked (100bb+) as it flops decent draws that offer good implied odds, but I wouldn't go crazy with it if you just make one pair.
In the CO seat, you can attempt to steal the blinds, so your open raise of 3bb is fine.
Unfortunately, the SB re-raises (3-bets). At these stakes, villains are not usually getting out of line, although you'll occasionally see a light 3-bet by a maniac, or a solid TAG in the blinds. Mainly though, a full ring 3-bet represents a hand like JJ+, AQ+. Q9s is in terrible shape against that range, so I'd recommend folding to the 3-bet, as the pot will quickly get very large. I'd give up here as a steal gone wrong. Flat-calling 3-bets is a big leak of 2NL players, although it's just about OK to call if you have position and the price is right.
Another point to note here is that the SB is short-stacked. You won't get good implied odds to chase a draw, because he'll be pot-committed if he makes a hand.

As played, you make the call. The flop is JJ4tt. You have a flush draw and one overcard, but that's about it. Hitting the queen will probably be no good, as villain can have a J, a better queen, or QQ-AA. I'm always cautious chasing straights/flushes on paired boards too. If the board is paired, you could be drawing dead to a full house.

Villain decides to check instead of c-betting here. He might be slowplaying a monster, or he might be scared you have a jack.
I'd sometimes bet here as a semi-bluff. A solid reg might even fold a big pair here if you bet your flush draw, as he'll be worried you have the jack. But you check behind. That's not a huge mistake. You can take a free card to hit a flush.
The Kh hit on the turn and villain checks again. Either he's slowplaying a monster (KK and KJ just filled up) or he really has nothing and his 3-bet pre-flop was a bluff. I think you can definitely bet here as a semi-bluff, especially as you picked up a gutshot to go with your flush draw. A villain is rarely going to check two streets with a made hand, as he'll be missing value and failing to protect his hand against draws. So he'll fold quite often if you bet this turn card.

You see the river for free and make the second best straight. This time, villain leads out for close to pot. It seems this card improved his hand, or he's trying to get some value from a slowplayed monster. This board connects will lots of hands that 3-bet pre. AQ just made the nut straight, pocket 10s (which would have hated the flop and turn) just made a boat for free, and Jx had trips all along.
Since your hand is far from the nuts (KJ, TT, JT all have boats, AQ has Broadway) I don't like raising the pot-sized bet. Villain will throw away weak hands that you beat (perhaps even trips will get mucked), so you don't get value from worse. He'll call or shove with all his full houses.
Especially since villain only had 35c behind after his river bet, you're value-cutting yourself by letting him get the remainder in.

It turns out that this was the worse possible river card for you. You made the straight, but villain had been slowplaying trips (actually a mistake at 2NL) and rivered a boat. You probably couldn't have got him off trips at any stage by betting, but you could have minimised your losses by only calling the river.

Your biggest mistake, though, was calling the pre-flop 3-bet. Although this villain had a weaker hand than yours at the start, most of the time you're going to have the worst of it when you take Q9s to a flop in a 3-bet pot, and will face some tricky decisions when you make a strong but not invincible hand.

I hope this helps and you have some better luck next time.

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com