Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Mar 07, 2013, 08:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
WhiteStar
Hi there. I am from Serbia, so my english is not so perfect . And i cant now make mb account so i desperately need this 8$ free bankroll . And i want to learn poker from ground up. I have some experience but not so great. Tnx...

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 08:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MladenV View Post
Hi there. I am from Serbia, so my english is not so perfect . And i cant now make mb account so i desperately need this 8$ free bankroll . And i want to learn poker from ground up. I have some experience but not so great. Tnx...
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 07, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi MladenV,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL full ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:27 AM
(#4)
WhiteStar
I have little problem with live training, because of time zones. But i will find time when i can to attend one...

Old
9h Qh - Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:50 AM
(#5)
WhiteStar
Oky, this is hand that i played bad. Ok, if it was real money i would't play it like that, but i need opinion what if it was real money, how should i play this ?
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
Tnx in advance...

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:55 AM
(#6)
WhiteStar
Maybe i should rr when 9 hit the turn? But this is play money i think they would call especially villain4 . So when i think about it, i played this well. Only thing i could do is if i am folded before flop .

Old
Poker assessment - Fri Mar 08, 2013, 08:05 AM
(#7)
WhiteStar
Btw ... I passed assessment quiz .

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 12:00 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MladenV View Post
I have little problem with live training, because of time zones. But i will find time when i can to attend one...
Hi MladenV!

Since the times don't work for you. Watch this video. It's a recording of it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 12:14 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi MladenV!

The first tip that I'd recommend is that when sitting down at a cash table, to always wait for the BB. Paying extra BB's will be a large drain to a bankroll over time.

I see a 4-way flop and hit top pair/good kicker. There is an abnormally large open bet (2.5X pot), then a min raise of it. While I do have top pair, I could easily be beat here and due to this, I'm going to muck the flop due to the overbet and raise of the overbet in front of me. Any realistic opp here is going to at worst have a Q with a better kicker, if not a set.

If I was in the hand (which I wouldn't), when I hit 2 pair on the turn, I'm going to make a pot-sized raise to 278.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 06:59 PM
(#10)
WhiteStar
Tnx... Good advice... This was play money. In real cash game i would consider folding. I am attending this poker school bicouse i am too loose player. So i need to learn from ground up. I watched video now, tell me what i need to do next to get 8$ free bankroll ?

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:19 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi MladenV!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
My poker story - Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:24 PM
(#12)
WhiteStar
Sorry, i don't know if this is the right place for this thread but i need to tell u guys with who u are dealing with. So i will tell u my poker story.
I started playing poker about year ago. In one small online poker room, (only Serbian players) and i played cash games until i lost my first deposit, and i gave up. But then i started playing freerolls and i started to be wary good, that was tournaments with about 200-500 players. I was at least 25% making it to the money and couple of times i was at a final table, once i won. I also played some live tournaments with 20-40 players, i also did wary well there. So i can say i am pretty good at tournaments. But at cash games i suck ! I think i am playing to loose and that is the reason why i joined this poker school, to learn to play cash games the right way. And thank u all for helping me with this...

Old
Assessment quiz - Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:41 PM
(#13)
WhiteStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi MladenV!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)
Well i already PASSED assessment quiz .
Not great but i passed it with 76% i think.
I am now finishing cash game course soon i will take that quiz also. But i will go back to basics once again, and will not stop until i get 100% success on every quiz.

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 01:51 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi MladenV!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 05:42 AM
(#15)
WhiteStar
Yes i resived my first buy in , i will play later... Tnx so much ...

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 10:52 AM
(#16)
WhiteStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi MladenV!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)
Oky... I played my first session 1 hour session. Buy in 2$ after 1h i left the table with 2.40$ .
And now i have couple of questions:
1. How much i should be making in 1h on 1/2 cent blinds?
2. When i should stop playing? When i am winning and when i am losing . Should i stop after double up my buy in or what ?
3. I played only 10%-12% of hands. Mostly in bb and late positions, is that to tight?
4. I won only one big hand i slowplayed it with full house hoping he will catch flush draw. And i get the max out of him i think.
That was this hand tell me what u think about it.

He mucked 3s Ah . So i think i got the most of this hand?

Last edited by MladenV; Sat Mar 09, 2013 at 10:56 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 11:50 AM
(#17)
WhiteStar
Now i passed cash game quiz with 95% in first try .

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#18)
(Head Trainer)
Hi ,

In this hand I would have generally started betting sooner rather than slow playing. We'd like to grow the pot if the villain will cooperate and checking keeps it small, instead of growing it.

On the river getting raised is fantastic news... it indicates real strength so it's reasonable to think that he's got at worst trip 5's, if not 44's full, 2's full, or A3. Because his range looks so strong when he raises the river here, I would actually reraise bigger, and I think shoving is good in spots like this where the villain rates to have a very strong 2nd best hand. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact you raised again and your sizing was good for normal circumstances, but this one isn't quite normal in that his range rates to be so strong here on average.

Quote:
1. How much i should be making in 1h on 1/2 cent blinds?
2. When i should stop playing? When i am winning and when i am losing . Should i stop after double up my buy in or what ?
3. I played only 10%-12% of hands. Mostly in bb and late positions, is that to tight?
1. This depends solely on your win rate. If you're newer to the game you're not a winning player yet, but you're in the right place to get on the right track.

2. I stop when I'm losing steadily, not thinking clearly, not feeling good, am distracted... anything that indicates I'm not on my "A" game.

3. Playing more in late position than early position is good. As for % played it's not bad necessarily depending on the table. Also as you're starting the learning process, playing tighter is ok while you get some experience under your belt. Tighter ranges will lead to easier decisions and less spewing in general. As you learn more and get some experience and comfort level, you'll start to recognize spots to open up your range and play more hands (rather than trying to force it now and thus doing so haphazardly and in bad spots).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 02:24 PM
(#19)
WhiteStar
Thank u... I will play couple more sessions and try to build up my bank roll and i will be posting my progress here...

One more question when my table joins somebody with gold stars or chrome, should i leave table and find some with beginers or not ?

Last edited by MladenV; Sat Mar 09, 2013 at 06:33 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 06:10 PM
(#20)
WhiteStar
Do i have some free roll to play now ? I would like to try playing some tournaments with a lots of players...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com