Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Thu Mar 07, 2013, 02:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi!
I want to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 04:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 07:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth5232 View Post
Hi!
I want to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

Hot Tip#1 : Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

First up please watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retriving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

Let me know as soon as you've had a chance to watch it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 12:47 PM
(#4)
Hi

I watched the video

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 06:52 PM
(#5)
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it and notifying us. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 07:28 AM
(#6)
i passed the quiz :>

is this promotion still available for me?

Last edited by zeth5232; Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM..

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 01:41 PM
(#7)
do I need to start e new topic to participate again?

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 01:49 PM
(#8)
Brilliant!

You can continue using this same thread, no worries you are still eligible and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 01:13 PM
(#9)
was that good fold?

and how about this?

Last edited by zeth5232; Mon Aug 19, 2013 at 02:42 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 03:24 PM
(#10)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Did you have any specific reads on the villain that raised on the flop? As a general rule of thumb, if we decide that our hand is playable from any position we should enter the pot for the standard sizing of 3x the big blind +1bb for any limper, I'd certainly like to think our hand would qualify as one of the holdings that would be in the top of our range. Usually a limping range is perceived as a weak range of holdings but that is not always the case, sometimes players will limp in with premium hands as a trap..but this going to account for like 3% of their entire range..

Post flop i think a fold could be found here, the villain could have limped a pocket pair trying to set mine or a completely monster over pair..read less a fold does have merit! well played post flop!

Hand Analysis

We do not have the correct pot odds to be calling a raise to set mine, we'd need close to 20 to 1 pot odds for our call to profitable in the long run! Although we are sitting deep enough to afford the call.

Post flop, this is a really dry board on each street, it's hard for them to have a made hand on the flop so i like the call to keep bluffs in the pot. On the turn this villain could pick up back door equity more often than some poker players would like to think we could elect to bet for thin value or check behind for pot control. On the river I'd just check back to save bets, it's hard for worse hands to call here besides high card everything else would have us beat...without any specific reads about their tendencies post flop...checking back is the best line on the river.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 03:27 PM
(#11)

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
[x] COMPLETE

[ ] INCOMPLETE

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. >>click here<<
[ ] INCOMPLETE

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 10:40 AM
(#12)
3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet:

-to protect against strong draws
-to gain value from very strong hands
-to bluff people off decent hands

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 08:26 PM
(#13)
Hi,

Did you find the Bet Sizing video to be helpful?

[x] COMPLETE

[x] COMPLETE

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. >>click here<<
[ ] INCOMPLETE

Best of Luck!

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 02:05 PM
(#14)
im not sure about this hand
was it good decision? :/

was it my bad:<

Last edited by zeth5232; Mon Aug 26, 2013 at 03:11 PM..

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#15)
Hi,
I passed a quiz :>

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 09:24 PM
(#16)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Facing an under the gun range which is typically much stronger than other positions I do not mind flat calling preflop to try and make our hand post flop. The question we need to ask our self on the flop, what range of hands are we trying to get value from when we raise? Usually we will either get called by worse hands but we'll also get action from better hands such as three of a kind 6's or 8's and quite possible QQ KK AA which will consist of a small portion of this villains range. I would need really specific reads about this villains tendencies post flop to be raise>folding top pair top kicker on what would appear to be a dry flop texture, but there is some merit to it if the villain hasn't been doing anything out of line in previous hands.

Hand Analysis

I'd make my flop raise sizing about 15c this is to get value from all sorts of hands that this villain could be cold calling from the small blind. The villains leading range on this flop is usually going to be a weak range such as top pair, two overs to the 6 and 3, inside straight draw and I wouldn't be to concerned about he villains flush combos as that will consist of a small portion of their overall range.

On the turn, I may consider bet folding this hand as I do not see many bluffs in this villains range besides maybe KJo J9o, the villains line looks strong, but I'd base my call or re-raise all in solely on if this villain has shown aggression with mediocre holdings in previously played hands. There are still several hands that we have beat such as a bare range of Qx, but there are still combos that have us beat. Unfortunate spot with the best starting hand
in hold'em.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 09:28 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth5232 View Post
Hi,
I passed a quiz :>
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target.

2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#18)
hi
I earned 10 VPPs

Old
Sat Aug 31, 2013, 12:25 AM
(#19)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus has been awarded to you, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Sat Sep 07, 2013, 05:32 AM
(#20)
was it good decision?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com