Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Do we all have the same chances to win in the league?

Old
Do we all have the same chances to win in the league? - Fri Mar 08, 2013, 04:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Hi,
For those who don't know me i'm a member here since the old PSO.I joined here right after i joined stars at my 18th birthday.The league was awesome back then you could easily win some money.After PSO made the premier league i was even happier.Who woudn't be after seeing that 5k first prize??I played for one full month and won 1200$ by far my biggest win back then.After that month i got into law school and coudn't play that much anymore.Then a year later played another full month and got another top 20 score,but i realised the league became dificult with much better players.In order to compete with them i decided to watch them play and improve.I got a chance to play last month for the first 15 days.The things weren't going as i wanted i couldn't reach the final table even once in 15 games.
But i saw something interesting while observing a top 5 player.He raised UTG with KK completely normal ofc,got called from UTG+1,and a third player (worth noticing that he is from the same country as the UTG raiser and i had a note on him that he is a solid player he was top 10 when i last time won money from this league)went allin with KJoff from UTG +2 with more than 10 BBs left.The UTG raiser called and won giving him around 25k stack and helping him to reach another FT.I coudn't believe my eyes what just happened there.I wrote to him in chat he said i better keep my mouth shut.After that i never played a single tourney till the end of month beacuse i realised some people have an "edge" over me and a top spot is out of reach.I waited to see where he will finish at the end of month and guess what?Yes,he was in top 5.I was thinking should i tell this on the forums or not?So i decided you have to know.I won't discover his name yet but if the mods find this hand interesting i have the hand id and in which tourney it was.
My purpose for this post is: Does PSO have ppl that observe this tourneys or they don't care what's happening as long as everyone are making VPPs??And can you guarantee that everyone in this league have the same chances or some have an "edge" (you realise im not thinking about a skill edge)?
Looking forward to hearing some opinions from other PSO members too

Strahilius,just a concerned member

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 08:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
If you suspect chip dumping or collusion, report it to security@pokerstars.com

They will investigate and respond, but it usually takes some time for them to get back to you.

Old
Fri Mar 08, 2013, 09:17 PM
(#3)
You should call a moderator right away if you notice something suspicious. Just click on the chip tray and the call moderator button is on the lower right hand corner. The security people will investigate the incident and the players history. We have to do uor part to help catch the cheaters. Contact security at security@pokerstars.com with the information you have so they can investigate it.

Good luck
Doug

3 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 09:59 PM
(#4)
So you are telling me that nobody is watching over the tables and everyone can easily cheat like this???In the old PSO i remember that a lot of times the top players where investigated first then given the money(i was investigated then given the money for 4th)pls review their play every month before giving them a bunch of money they didn't earned fairly...I can't sit every tourney waiting for some suspicous play if i had that much time i would have played the league every month...

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 10:08 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strahilius View Post
So you are telling me that nobody is watching over the tables and everyone can easily cheat like this?
Like Doug said there are PokerStars moderators working 24/7, just call them if you see anything out of line.

Also you can email security, PokerStars will investigate your claims and take any appropriate action.

Raiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxing View Post
You should call a moderator right away if you notice something suspicious. Just click on the chip tray and the call moderator button is on the lower right hand corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
If you suspect chip dumping or collusion, report it to security@pokerstars.com

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 07:43 AM
(#6)
But they are working when someone reports things like this but what if nobody reports it??

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 03:58 PM
(#7)
Hey Strahilius,good to see you posting man. Hope all has been good with you.

I think I get where you're going with this...is anyone from Stars watching to see if anything untoward is going on at the tables in real time?

Save for the special events and highest nosebleeds possibly the answer would be no. Think about it...look at all the tourneys running right now,as I post this or when you read it,and think how many people it would take to keep an eye on things even were it one person per tourney. Which of course would never be sufficient anyway as there are X number of tables running per tourney.

So yes,it IS incumbent on us,the players,to bring it to Stars attention when we see something suspicious going on. I would lean to the side of being proactive in this,as when it's reviewed the player(s) involved will only be contacted and/or reprimanded if Stars does determine that action on their part is required. Otherwise it's no harm,no foul.

Personally whenever I saw something blatant (when US players could play for money here I had three different occasions wherein players I reported were disciplined,to what extent I do not know,but I was informed that action would be taken...)I did NOT call a Moderator. A Moderator can address chat issues,but when it comes to a rules/cheating incident there is little,or more commonly,nothing that they can do. Save for to tell you what you already know...shoot an e-mail off to security@pokerstars.com.

My view on the ones I KNEW were cheating was to dummy up,not say a word,not call a Mod since that would just tip them off and instead just record the HH's and watch them hang themselves with every deceitful ploy. On 2 of the occasions I was compensated by the site for losses (both of those incidents were in SNG's so I'm assuming the other affected players were compensated as well,in fact I'm sure they were...Stars is top notch in that regard).

Just be diligent shooting off HH's to security if you see something amiss Stra,they WILL address it if warranted. Quite simply if we don't report,they won't know.

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 04:40 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
So yes,it IS incumbent on us,the players,to bring it to Stars attention when we see something suspicious going on. I would lean to the side of being proactive in this ...

... Just be diligent shooting off HH's to security if you see something amiss Stra,they WILL address it if warranted. Quite simply if we don't report,they won't know.
Right on Mox!

Very well said.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 04:44 PM
(#9)
Finally someone understood me thanks Moxie!I thought that this thread would get a lot of attention but i was wrong,just mods telling me that email address that i know since i joined stars and not saying is there someone reviewing the big winners.I'm starting to think that a lot players use an extra "edge" and they are hoping this doesn't have a lot of attention by the members so the mods woudn't put some people on observing the "edgers".

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 04:47 PM
(#10)
BTW the tournaments are in the private tab so they are a tournament organized by a private party,in this case poker school online so i really think its on poker school to have at least 2-3 observers who will protect they players who play fair and punish those who don't and ofc i think that will lead to a more friendly table beacuse the observer will report those who use inappropriate words to someone of the players

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
just mods telling me that email address that i know since i joined stars and not saying is there someone reviewing the big winners.
Hi stra,

Don't forget that Mods here would have no clue what PokerStars Security observes or doesn't observe, we are just players like every other member here, that's why we say that if you have any doubts to contact the email address for a definitive answer. Most of the time if we don't already know the answer we have to use the same email addresses to get the answer.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 04:57 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
BTW the tournaments are in the private tab so they are a tournament organized by a private party,in this case poker school online so i really think its on poker school to have at least 2-3 observers who will protect they players who play fair and punish those who don't and ofc i think that will lead to a more friendly table beacuse the observer will report those who use inappropriate words to someone of the players
It doesn't fall under our responsibility. Any game that's played in the PokerStars client is the responsibilty of PokerStars Security.

By all means if any of the mod team here sees anything amiss we will email security and report it, but after that there is nothing more we can do, again, we are just players like every other member here.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 06:53 PM
(#13)
OMG so you are telling me that i would been rich till now winning the league 2-3 times if i was using an "edge"??I feel so dumb right now...

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 07:37 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
Hello Strahilius,

As has been mention above already Please follow the steps to take to help you with this matter.

As for the OLD PSO I have been here since 2004 and am unaware of them checking on anyone unless there was something brought there attention.

So as your questions have been answered in this thread and if not then email one of the emails below with your questions and they will be able to help you further.

support@pokerstars.com
security@pokerstars.com

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

Brian

**Closed**

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com