Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Sat Mar 09, 2013, 02:20 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
i want to start the promotion.thank you

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 06:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhong_dr View Post
i want to start the promotion.thank you
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 07:19 AM
(#3)
thanks i hope to qualify

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 01:16 PM
(#5)

is it right that i called the all in bet with A3 offsuit?
later ill join live training

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 09:07 PM
(#6)
i have attended the getting started pokerstars,and i have passed the poker basics assesment quiz, what is next to do?thanks

Last edited by jhong_dr; Sun Mar 10, 2013 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: add text

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#7)
Hi,

With the stack depths being so shallow and the big blind player squeezing out the UTG limper..this can definitely be a call..but let's also consider reads..has this player been playing tight? Did they just lose a big pot?

As a review, Please watch the following video and let us know as soon as you have watched it.

CannonLee

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 06:07 AM
(#8)
yup he loss a big pot, and i feel his steamy.

i just finished watching the video, what will i do next?

i also passed the poker basic assesment quiz.

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Mar 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: condensing thread

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 10:49 AM
(#9)
Did you find the video helpful?

When it comes to the Basic Assessment Quiz that you have done, please contact support@pokerschoolonline.com to follow up your completion of it. Please let me know when you have received an answer..

CannonLee

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 11:10 AM
(#10)
yup, i think i can start playing the cash game, i contacted support, no response yet,

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 08:04 PM
(#11)

i have received the first 2 $, and this is the play i want to analyze, it is my last chips, is this considered a semi bluff? just want to scare them off, but they called. what can you say about my play?

i think i play this hand perfectly? what you think?

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Mar 15, 2013 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: condensing thread

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#12)
Hi,

It is important to provide reads (tendencies of the players) so that I can accurately assess your situation. There is really no default(except for pre-flop sizing etc..) way to play certain hands as each course of action is determined by game flow and table dynamic.

Read less, with one UTG (under the gun) early position limper..our hand is strong enough to be raising to 8c or 10c (3x the big blind +1bb for each limper)to make things that much sweeter..you are in the CO (cut off) late position and will most likely have post-flop position with a potentially big hand(if made) on any villain that decides to call your pre-flop raise.

Villain3 and 7 have nearly the same stack depth as us..when you re-raise (close the action) all in after v3 and v7 opened the action this is more of a squeeze play/steal not a semi-bluff.

Nice pot!

Facing a 4x raise from UTG..what where you ranging that villain with?..Generally, early position raises should be respected more than late position raises as there is the possiblity of a strong range of hands fom EP at full ring 9-max AA KK AKs QQ JJ TT AK AQ. The villain had a stack depth of 40bb's..which may not seem like a lot to lose if I happen to be wrong about my decision in the hand.

Here is a quickie quiz, vs. our ..what is our pre-flop winning percentage? (I'll help you answer this)

Post-flop
I think your line is fine vs. a late position opener that has been playing loose.. But in this situation it is evident that seat3 (UTG) is willing to play for stacks here is their story >>> 40bb stack, 4x raise UTG and a pot sized continuation bet.. our hand will flop a monster sometimes..but we'll frequently be flopping pairs with marginal kickers more often which will rarely ever be a value hand at full ring..

Nice pot!

Please post two more hand replays for review and we'll advance you to the next stage after we've analyzed them and discuss the hands!

CannonLee

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 04:52 AM
(#13)

here are two more hands? am i in the right line? what is next for the bankroll?

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 08:11 AM
(#14)
Hi,

What where your reads on villain9 limping in from early position, villain4 in the cut off and villain5 on the button?
Read less, this hand sitting with a stack depth of 32 big blinds is a 4bet get it in situation versus villain5.

Very nice pot and nice hand! Well played.

This hand from our position and stack depth is ok to limp, as it has potential to make straights or flushes (implied odds hand). But post flop should be proceeded with caution because of all the players involved in the pot as
there is the possibilty of a stronger combo of Kx (KQ KT KJ AK) in play.

On the flop when it get's checked around, you decided to jam all in with an ok amount of equity vs. villain7 (50/50)
I'd prefer to semi-bluff and bet 1/2 pot just in case Qx or Tx is present.

Remember this, we bet for 3 reasons.

1.) Bet for value
2.) Bet as a bluff
3.) Bet to collect dead money

Which reason where you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post
Here is a quickie quiz, vs. our ..what is our pre-flop winning percentage? (I'll help you answer this)
34% chance to win vs. 66% chance to win

Please take the Cash Game Quiz, let me know when you have passed it and your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Mar 12, 2013, 08:34 AM
(#15)
ok i tried the test, i failed, but i will read again, then quiz again, thanks alot i thought 6s 7s is about 20%,hehe

Old
Wed Mar 13, 2013, 07:23 PM
(#16)
i have just passed the cash game quiz. what is next?thanks

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 02:12 AM
(#17)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 04:29 AM
(#18)
i already earned 10 vpp,

here it is

i also passed the STT quiz.

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Mar 15, 2013 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: condensing thread

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 12:12 PM
(#19)
Hi,

If you have reached your VPP target, the buy-in will be automatically awarded to you within 24 hours. Please post back here when you have received it and I'll advise of your next step in the Bank Roll Builder training program.

Please refer to the highlighted red quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post
1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.
The highlighted quote means, only 10VPPs that are earned with your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buyin are eligible for the next buy-in. Any VPPs that where earned prior to the 2nd Bank Roll Builder buyin won't count.

Kind Regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Mar 14, 2013, 02:18 PM
(#20)
so what i do next? i lost the chips, i dont have a copy of the hand, i played on a different computer,can i still continue?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com