Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6max zoom-Money In Or Fold?

Old
2nl 6max zoom-Money In Or Fold? - Sat Mar 09, 2013, 08:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi Everyone,

I dont have much info on the villian in this spot they have stats of 13/6 over 16 hands and obviously have no post flop info of note.

Pre flop i set up a stack to pot ratio to make getting stacks in here ok but when my opponent flats the flop here then is shoving turn i feel like they are quite strong given they could have called my 3bet preflop with 33 66 or maybe 55 but the shove could also mean KQ,KJ.
In the moment i also considered the baluga theorum,but what would everyone else do in this spot?

Thanks

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
The thing that makes this type of spot so tough is a lot of 2NL players make really bad plays (at micros) like raising KQ/KJ on the flop or the turn some of the time. So that is a possibility. Your going to run into a set some of the time for sure. AA is a small possibility, but a total bluff is more likely than AA. You have an A blocker too.

You have to call $1.16 in a pot of over $3. It's not good that your getting raised on the turn, but with those pot odds I think your hand will be good often enough.

Old
Sat Mar 09, 2013, 02:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nashy,

I'm inclined to agree, with the size of the pot we built I don't think we should fold the top of our range without some very compelling reason. I just don't think we have it. Like Rockerguy,I'm not happy he's shoving the turn, but he very well might have a weaker king or even be spazzing with some nonsense like A4.

The more important point I think is to have a plan for your hand. I think you should know what you're going to do to a shove before you actually bet the turn. If we're not thinking it will be profitable to stack off here after making the pot this big and being at the top of our range, then don't bet both the flop and turn, but take a different line that will increase profitability.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com