Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6max zoom-Raise For Value or Call?

Old
2nl 6max zoom-Raise For Value or Call? - Sun Mar 10, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
Hi Everyone,

I dont have much info on the villian here,all i have is stats of29/14 over a meaningless 7 hands.

I make my set on the flop and make sure i reraised the preflop raisers small cbet for value.Our villian calls and the preflop raiser folds.

I bet again on the turn for value,looking back i maybe could have bet even larger.
Then strangly on the river my opponent leads out for half pot,its hard to really know what this meant,it really looked like a value bet to me,i guess he could of had AQ with maybe a flush draw or a slow played 66(which i beat) or JJ,KK.
My question is can i raise for value on the river?
I think i can still get called by worse 2 pair hands or 66 but i decided to flat call given that i still have only the 4th best hand and we are both very deep with the pot already swelling.

What does everyone think?

Last edited by Nashy1996; Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: posted wrong hand

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 07:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy1996 View Post
What does everyone think?
I think the hand replayer is showing the wrong hand.

Old
Sun Mar 10, 2013, 10:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nashy,

I have no idea about anything you said, it doesn't make any sense for the hand you loaded.

In the hand I see, I am not a big fan of 5-betting the QQ pre without reads. I don't mind 3-betting his cut off open of course, but his small 4b is very disconcerting. This just screams monster to me tbh. I think for .46c I would call in position and decide how to proceed post flop after seeing the flop texture and his flop c-bet sizing (if any). When we 5b here I think we are narrowing the villain's range to only hands that beat us with some undetermined (but not 100% of) number of AK's. With reads it could be a standard 5b/get it in against a loose, spewer, tilter, etc. etc.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 06:02 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
Sorry Guys i posted the wrong hand,i have corrected the mistake now

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 11:58 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Hi Nashy,

I like your play on flop and turn. I wouldnt be afraid of JJ or KK cause he'd 3bet pre a lot of the time i think and JJ would fold a lot of flops on your big bet. AcQc is the only hand that beat you i see him playing this way. But i still think there are a lot of hands you beat that can play this way and some bluffs. I think its a good spot to raise for value, since he can call with some worse hands like 2 pair or a set of sixes. If he raises again, then im lost i dont think you can call aa very big reraise on the river since youre both very deep.

Old
Mon Mar 11, 2013, 03:11 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Nashy,

Probably should have left that other hand and added this one in a new post, now the original reply I made has no frame of reference.

So in the TT hand I also like the flop and turn lines. Not sure about raising the river tbh. His line is so strange... JJ would make no sense to be cold calling your flop raise, KK or 66 would but it seems fairly ridiculous that he'd check-call 2 streets with a monster on such a wet board. I'd expect to get raised on the turn. There's always the chance he's got a 2 pair hand and was waiting for a safe river card, not wanting you to check behind with worse hands... KT or KJ. Or if he's really bad, Ks2s. AQc or Q9c, although with the nuts I would think he'd just raise the turn, but with Q9c I can see a player having that "safe card first" view (although it's bad, you see this quite a bit).

I would probably just call here for the following reasons combined:

1) I'm confused by this line, and having a hard time ranging him... confusion leads to big mistakes.

2) In conjunction with #1 I'm not sure what worse hands he will call us with. If he's making a move he won't call. If he's got 2 pair idk if he'll call or fold or reraise all in... same for sets. I don't know if we get called often enough by worse to make a raise profitable.

3) The money behind is still deep. In conjunction with 1 and 2 above if I raise and he 3-bets all in, I won't really know what to do with any good confidence. I'll suspect I'm beat but don't know if he's got 66 or is massively overvaluing 2 pair either. I really don't like raise/folding this strong a hand in a huge pot, but I find losing a 700bb pot simply because I was confused equally as distasteful.

So I will opt with tank/sigh/call.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com